Becoming A Kitten Mom After 17 Years!!!

Klause

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I’m new here! I wasn’t sure where to post this, so please accept apologies if I posted in the wrong thread.

Sorry for the long post!!!

I sadly lost my 2 girls within a few months of each other. Callie (adopted at age 2) crossed the rainbow bridge in October and Chloe (who I had since she was a kitten) crossed the bridge just a week ago.

I miss them terribly and know I can’t be a non-cat household.

I’m not doing anything super soon, but I’m looking to adopt another couple kittens. I like the idea of two so they have each other when I’m not there, etc.

Now I’ve always had girl cats. But I was wondering if maybe 2 boys would be nice for a change. Girls are fiercely independent, and just curious if I would like the snuggly-ness of boys.
But my question is...are two boys overwhelming?
I know some people are very specific to gender. I’m not necessarily, but want to make sure I’m not getting animals that need attention 24 hours a day because I do need to sleep!

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site, there's lots to read and learn, games to play and friends to make.
I'm sorry for the loss of your cats, its hard especially losing both so close together.
I dont know if boys are more affectionate than girls, I think it depends on the personality of the individual cat. I have two girls and one boy, none are lap cats, all are independent but I get plenty of love from each of them. If you got two from the same litter you could make sure they get on with each other and they would be bonded. Whatever you decide, please let us know and dont forget to post lots of photos.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Boys or girls or one of each, two kittens are going to be a handful. It is easy to forget how wild, loud and insane they can be. But as long are you are prepared and able to survive kittenhood any choice you make in gender will be the right one.

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a siamese female rescue and two bengals, one male and one female, got them all as kittens, the siamese is a lap cat, anyone sits down she is in your lap, she is now ten years old. My male bengal is another snugglebug but my female bengal only sits with me sometimes, she's to busy getting into things, she is 1 year old, the male will be five the end of may. If you get a male make sure to have it neutered by five months so it never gets the habit of spraying