Beautiful boy but what is he

halinash13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Sebastian. He is a year and a half old and very sweet but also temperamental one minute he wants cuddles the next he is very cranky. He isn't very playful but he meows at me if I'm not in the same room as him. I call out to him and he comes to me. He is also very mischievous. A friend of mine gave him to me so idk what he is...

orientals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi halinash13, what a gorgeous boy! Has he been neutered? If not that could explain some of his behaviour.

Young cats needs lots of play. Do you have daily play sessions with him? One or two of 15-30 minutes would be ideal. That way he gets rid of some stress and is bonding with you more. Make it exciting for him though, don't let him catch "the prey" right away. Also cats are not animals that run after their prey a lot, they like to stalk and pounce, so let him do that too during the play sessions.    

In addition you can hide some dry food around the house before you leave for the day so he'll have something to do for a while. We like our cats to be social en loving but we also expect them to be by themselves a lot of the time. They sometimes find it hard to switch on and off like that. Anyway, just give him lots of love and play, and just enjoy your beautiful little buddy!