Beastie Band Problems?

marblesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Our new kitten- 8 mos old now- just got a new Beastie Band collar. He’s only had it on for about a week. In that time, he’s gotten his claw stuck in the collar once, and just now I found him with his *tooth* snagged on it somehow- his jaw stuck open.

Our 1.5-yr-old cat has had a Beastie Band for a year with no problems.

Has anyone’s cat had problems with the band snagging? on claws/teeth/or anything else? I prefer this collar n it’s lightweight, looks comfy, and is stretchy in case the cat were to get stuck on something. But now I am worried about it

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That never happened to Jasmine when she was wearing a Beastie Band, but since it obviously has happened to your kitten I'd have to say that Beastie Band is the wrong collar for him.

Margret

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That never happened to Jasmine when she was wearing a Beastie Band, but since it obviously has happened to your kitten I'd have to say that Beastie Band is the wrong collar for him.

Margret
:yeah: Mowgli was almost full-grown when he started wearing a Beastie Band, and we've used his old ones (cut down) on kittens at the shelter in order to mark the ones that need meds, all without any trouble.

Maybe the band isn't snug enough on your kitten? If he's catching his jaw and claws on it, it's too risky.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a kitten with the same issue. Every time I would put it on he would get it stuck on his tooth. Didn’t matter how tight I put it on. I would stop using it.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat got his whole arm stuck through tje beastie band while it was still around his neck. Maybe it wasnt on tight enough. Luna was able to get it off constantly. I like the paracord ones. They are durable, dont frey, and look cool