Battling ringworm

SallieW

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So 4 weeks ago my kitten was diagnosed with ringworm. We started topical and medicated baths twice and it started getting worse. So we started oral meds. Still looks worse so I’m thinking it could be demodex mange? 11A99537-D881-4BD9-BD13-73CBD5E3F0D9.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I tend to agree with you that it could be demodex mange. Is it possible there could be some side effects from the ringworm treatment and oral meds? I would definitely call the vet and ask if you could send them the above photo. You don't want it to worsen. How is your kitten acting overall? Is he or she showing signs of discomfort?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SallieW

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I tend to agree with you that it could be demodex mange. Is it possible there could be some side effects from the ringworm treatment and oral meds? I would definitely call the vet and ask if you could send them the above photo. You don't want it to worsen. How is your kitten acting overall? Is he or she showing signs of discomfort?
I’m going back tomorrow for skin scraping and a culture. She’s running and playing and doesn’t even bother her tail.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I’m going back tomorrow for skin scraping and a culture.
Lots of luck, please keep us updated when you get the results. Glad to hear she's acting normal otherwise. :lovecat2:

SallieW

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lots of luck, please keep us updated when you get the results. Glad to hear she's acting normal otherwise. :lovecat2:
I will! Thank you!

SallieW

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So no mange mites were found but not ruling that out! Revolution plus. Then we sent out samples for bacteria and fungus. Should know in 10 days hopefully!!