Bathing A Bsh

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Should bathing be a regular thing for BSHs?

Marx so far had two baths in his life: the first he had was before we brought him home and the second time I did it - he didn't hate it that much, but didn't love it either. Truth to be told, his coat was very beautiful after the bath, fluffy and shiny. That was a bit over a month ago.

Anyway, my husband noticed that his fur was looking "roughed up" lately and thinks we should bathe him more often. I do know that persians need to bathed quite often but I'm not sure if the BSH coat. Should we do it once a month, or once in 3 months or not at all?

Would love to hear some advise from other BSH owners :)

HungryPandaCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wash my BSH every 1-2 months depending on how 'roughed up' she looks. She sheds a lot and I feel that washing helps get rid of the loose fur that I can't get to during grooming. There's always so much fur in the shower afterwards.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had four BSH boys in the past (two pairs of littermate both times), and we never bathed any of them. I don't think it's strictly needed unless you're prepping them for a show, or if they get themselves into a real mess. Keep in mind, too, that bathing too often will dry out their skin and strip too many of the natural oils away.