catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

St Louis 9 - Pittsburg 3
GO CARDS!!!
Go Cards!

My hubby is a Cards fan and I will root for them unless they are playing the Braves.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HUGE Red Sox fan here!!!
I went to Opening Day!!!! Yes, it was rained out Monday, but they played Tuesday. My husband and I waited in line actually for tickets (they sell day of game tickets for every game even though they say they are sold out. It's first come first serve.) We waited in line from Sat. around 7 pm until Monday around 1:30 am when the cops came and woke us up (we had just fallen asleep) and said they were clearing the road, everyone had to leave because some drunk people were fighting and someone had also brought a bucket and had a fire going. We were so angry. So we had to pack everything up and park somewhere else. We had to wait for a couple of hours and then come back, but the cops wouldn't let anyone bring anything to set up so we ended up standing on the sidewalk for like six hours with no sleep and no way of sitting down. On top of it all it was freezing!! But around 9:30 am they came out and handed us vouchers to prove our spot in line (a lot of people try cutting so that's why they do that). Then of course shortly after that they called the game due to the weather! what a bummer!!! Fortunately, we had a hotel in Boston and went there and got some sleep and took showers. We were able to go back on Tuesday and get back at the front of the line (people had started to line up who hadn't been there), but we had vouchers so we were good. It was a pretty crazy experience!! But the good news is, the game was awesome, the Sox beat the Rays 5 to 3!!!

So, the answer to your question, yes I am a baseball fan!!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^That's so awesome that you got to actually be there! It's a shame you had the lousy weather, had to freeze and it being rainy...what we don't go through just to watch a ballgame
But it's worth it!!!

Originally Posted by catlover73

Go Cards!

My hubby is a Cards fan and I will root for them unless they are playing the Braves.
Whoa, the Cards playing the Braves are the best games!