Balding bumps on cat’s ear

Meowchelle1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old cat had a bump on his ear that seemed to be balding, and now he has two. I’ve seen a lot of inconclusive posts of what could be the cause of them. I know that the best thing to do would be to see a vet, but he has some vet trauma from a kitten ailment and he goes from a sweet social cat to a violent growling demon. I’m trying to save him the trauma of a vet visit if something can be done at home home. I was wondering if anyone’s cat has experienced similar things, and if so what they did to improve.
Overall health - he is in a grain free diet, mixed of wet and dry. He has a little dandruff I’ll try to resolve with some omega supplements. He doesn’t seem to be overly itchy and I can’t see any signs of fleas. Thanks!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honestly, this could be early stages of a LOT of things, and you may have to give up and have the vet look at it. There may be a "house call" vet in your area, although they can be expensive. As for fleas...they can hide very, very well. Check for any little scabs under the chin or right on the back of the neck. If there aren't any, it almost certainly isn't fleas.