Bald Spot?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of trouble gauging how much is 1/2 or 1/4 by eye. However, I have some tiny 1/32 teaspoon measuring spoons (they came with my stevia powder) and I was thinking I'd start him tomorrow on one of those twice a day and then gradually build up to more.

Margret

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of trouble gauging how much is 1/2 or 1/4 by eye. However, I have some tiny 1/32 teaspoon measuring spoons (they came with my stevia powder) and I was thinking I'd start him tomorrow on one of those twice a day and then gradually build up to more.

Margret
The smidgen! That would be perfect. That’s what I always start Krista on and move up from there.

I used those spoons to measure how much is in a capsule: two pinches or one dash. Each spoon is twice the smaller spoon and they are 1/8 tsp, 1/16, and 1/32. So even if you don’t have the other two spoons, your 1/32 tsp is 1/4 capsule.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After the problem with half a capsule mixed into his food causing nausea, Bright Eyes absolutely refused to eat food with any amount of sacchromyces boulardii mixed into it. It took me several days, but eventually I found a compounding pharmacy that would sell me 100 size 4 empty capsules for approximately $10. When I put the s. boulardii in a capsule and put that in his food he swallowed it just fine, all except one meal which he wasn't hungry enough to finish. I gave him a couple of extra capsules after that. Basically, he's now had 1/4 capsule twice a day for four days; is that enough? The web page I found seemed to think that three days was long enough to reestablish proper gut bacteria.

Margret