Bald Spot

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat was licking her fur off until getting bald spots, turns out after she was taken off chicken for 8 weeks it grew back, was a allergy to chicken. However when all this was going on the vet did a skin scrape to test, that was about 7 months ago and the area she scraped is bald, am I to assume if the fur was ever going to grow back it would of by now? It is just a shame because it is in a very noticeable spot.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally fur would start to grow back within a few days, and be back to full length between 6-8 weeks depending on whether they are shorthair or longhair.

If it hasn't grown back at all, I wonder if your cat is now over-grooming in that place? When they over-groom it releases endorphines which are like the body's natural painkillers - and similar addictive potential to heroin - cats and other pets can very easily get an addiction to over-grooming. I would ask your vet, it should have grown back long ago tbh.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Until the vet can see her, you might try a wash made from a cup of chamomile tea, chilled in the fridge, and just swabbed on. If the area is itchy and irritated, the tea will soothe it for her.