Bald Spot on Cat's Stomach

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I'm just curious about something and I wanted to ask you guys if you know anything about it.

So my cat Charcoal has a dollar size bald spot on his stomach. There's no redness, scabs, or anything bad looking. It's just a spot with no fur on it. I'm so confused why he has this, can anybody clear this up for me?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Can you get a pic of it to share? How old is he, does he go outdoors, and is he licking/scratching that area at all? Anything else you can think of to give members a bit more to go might be helpful!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Poppycat has a little bald spot on his "bellah" - no idea why since he doesn't lick it, it's just there with no hair growth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. Can you get a pic of it to share? How old is he, does he go outdoors, and is he licking/scratching that area at all? Anything else you can think of to give members a bit more to go might be helpful!
We got him as a stray so we don't know how old he is, but the vet said probably about 4 years. He's an inside cat now.

He never scratches it or anything, it's just normal skin, nothing seems wrong at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Rascal (dsh nm) has a couple of circular bald spots on his belly. When I took him to the vet, she said they were caused by the dry (heated) air in the house. We'll see what happens once the heat is off.