Bald Spot...kitten???

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new kitten Felicia has bald spot since I got her at 7 week old, will the fur eventually grow
bald spot.jpg
there

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. I am more or less responding just so it bumps up your post on the list so that perhaps more members will see it and offer their input.

Is the bald spot only on one side? If on both, it is probably just an area where she won't have a lot of hair, or it will take time to grow in. If only on the one side, still the same could be true. If she isn't scratching at it and there are no signs of irritation at the skin level, you might have no choice but to just wait and see. If nothing else goes on with it in the meantime, have the vet take a look at it during her next appointment - I gather she still has some vaccination boosters to go through, so you will be seeing a vet in the near future?

Hopefully other members will come along soon and have better suggestions to offer!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be fungal. There is a spray prescribed by the vet for that. My kitten Graham had that same thing. However, as mentioned above, it is always wise to bring her to the vet just to be sure. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I will ask the vet when I see him but it does not seem to affect Minwi, She is very healty, does not worsen and it seem to be happening to a lot of black cat

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Rudy had that literally his entire life, my vet never even mentioned it. I would say its normal, but maybe just because I'm used to it.

20170125_104143.jpg
It's not as pronounced because of the lighting but he had thon hair from his eyes to ears.

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I think she'll be fine

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just mean the area of lesser fur below the ears there? That is normal and not a "bald" spot. All cats have less hair there you just have a black cat with light colored skin and notice it more.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
You just mean the area of lesser fur below the ears there? That is normal and not a "bald" spot. All cats have less hair there you just have a black cat with light colored skin and notice it more.
My solid white cat has that NOW that hes 11yrs...on both sides..

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jen