Bald Patches !!

catwoman5432

Has cats since 3
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 year old British longhair has a huge bald patch one on each side of her neck extended from below the ear to under her chin. She was arranged a pet sitter who came once a day for the last month while we were on vacation. It seems he did not brush her at all the last month. I cut off the matted hair hanging from below her ear. The bald patch was there and the large matted fur clump was hanging from below her ear. I didn't notice the other side till later that day. She also has a scratch wound in that area. Is matted fur the only reason for the bald patch and how long will it take for her fur to grow back?? It looks worse than in the picture.

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The bald patches are likely from her scratching at the mats. Just keep her well groomed and the fur should start filling in. If the scratch doesn't heal quickly then you may need to be looking for other causes, which would mean a visit to the vet. Sending quick healing :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for your baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman5432

Has cats since 3
Kitten
Purraise
The bald patches are likely from her scratching at the mats. Just keep her well groomed and the fur should start filling in. If the scratch doesn't heal quickly then you may need to be looking for other causes, which would mean a visit to the vet. Sending quick healing :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for your baby.
Thanks for your advice ❤