Bald Patch

Shalenarh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. Tonight I noticed Oreo has a bald patch near his left shoulder blade. The patch is a little pink but doesn’t seem to hurt him. The other day I did notice small clumps of his fur in the bathroom, not exactly clumps but that’s the best I could describe it. I wasn’t feeling my best this weekend and meant to look at him that day but it completely slipped my mind. You wouldn’t even know he had a bald spot depending on the angle you look at him. Tonight I saw it while he was eating. Other than seeing our new vet on March 10. He was given a clean bill of health aside from the kidney disease. Along with a rabies and distemper shot. They also did a biopsy on a possible cyst on the left side of his neck that he’s had for a year now. He’s also on Cosequin for his arthritis.

The vet recommended Oreo could benefit more off a Renal diet we got some cans of the Royal Canin Renal Diet. I’ve noticed being on this food compared to Fancy Feast he eats a lot more than just eating half and licking the gravy.
After running out of the sample, Oreo has since refused to eat his other food.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it could be a lot of things, including allergies to meds or new foods. His body will take a while to adjust. Would that happen to be near the spot he had his injection? Injury can do that too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shalenarh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure where they did the injections. They took him into the back to do the vaccines. But it’s more closer to where they took the biopsy of the growth on his neck is. Closer but still a good inch or two away. Should I just monitor for now or should I give the vet a call?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Why don't you call the vet and ask about the location of the shots and tell them what you are seeing - even send them a pic if they accept them.