Bald irritated spot above eye?

Josi.foster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mother in law's cat has this bald spot above his eye (see pics); it appeared about a week and a half ago, the day after what I think could be related (the night prior to this appearing it sounded like he fell from my nightstand but can't be 100% certain, kinda sounded like it). But my mother in law says she's seen that spot on him in the past and she thinks it's a spot he scratches and hurts himself occasionally, and she says Neosporin seems to help.

I will continue to put Neosporin on it more diligently, as I haven't every day because I though it was getting better but now again looks pretty irritated. I haven't caught him in the act of scratching it directly but suspect he may be as see no much healing, but, any of you have experienced this?

We will pay the vet a visit if no improvement is shown. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20211228-214338.jpg
Screenshot_20211228-214349.jpg
Screenshot_20211228-214328.jpg
IMG_20211228_212040.jpg
Screenshot_20211228-214414.jpg
Screenshot_20211228-214356.jpg

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I see broken skin, but whether it is from him scratching, or from hitting it on something, I can't tell. DO continue with the neosporin, so long as it is PLAIN neosporin with NO pain relief, but if it hasn't cleared up by the end of the week, make an appointment to have him seen on Monday. No sense taking chances.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I see broken skin, but whether it is from him scratching, or from hitting it on something, I can't tell. DO continue with the neosporin, so long as it is PLAIN neosporin with NO pain relief, but if it hasn't cleared up by the end of the week, make an appointment to have him seen on Monday. No sense taking chances.
:yeah: I completely agree!

It looks painful so you may want to consider making an appointment sooner rather than later because vets are so backed up now. If it gets better you can always cancel. Another suggestion would be to ask the vet if you can send the pics to them for their opinion whether he needs to be examined. Please keep us posted on his progress. :alright: