Bald Batch Above Jiggy's Eye

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi cat lovers,

So this morning I noticed Jiggy had a bald patch above her eye. There wasn't any blood but there is as tiny mark so I'm not sure how she got the "injury" for lack of better words. I've touched it and she hasn't flinched so she's not in pain but my question is will the hair grow back? I know with shaving fur, it grows back but what happens to hair that has been pulled out? I've included some pictures and I appreciate and thank you for your help/opinions.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! It doesn't look like an injury, so maybe it is normal hair loss? Or, there was an injury that has healed and now revealed the loss of hair?? It's hard to tell whether or not it will grow back for sure, but that is certainly a good possibility. See if there is any information in this article that might be helpful.
Cat Hair Loss Above Eyes

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a pretty lady she is! I think I see the tiny red spot you mentioned in that last picture. No, it doesn't look like an injury. It could be an allergic reaction to something...the most common thing is fleas, and we're getting into flea season. Is she treated for them regularly? If not fleas, possibly something else in the environment.

Watch it closely for a few days. If it does not start clearing up, or if it enlarges, take her in and have your vet take a look at it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a pretty lady she is! I think I see the tiny red spot you mentioned in that last picture. No, it doesn't look like an injury. It could be an allergic reaction to something...the most common thing is fleas, and we're getting into flea season. Is she treated for them regularly? If not fleas, possibly something else in the environment.

Watch it closely for a few days. If it does not start clearing up, or if it enlarges, take her in and have your vet take a look at it.
She gets flead and wormed monthly. I think she might have tried to squeeze through somewhere and sustained it but I'll definitely be watching her like a hawk over the next few days :) thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! It doesn't look like an injury, so maybe it is normal hair loss? Or, there was an injury that has healed and now revealed the loss of hair?? It's hard to tell whether or not it will grow back for sure, but that is certainly a good possibility. See if there is any information in this article that might be helpful.
Cat Hair Loss Above Eyes
Thanks so much!