Balance IT K Causing bitter taste in cat food

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am transitioning from Instinct LID rabbit to Rayne diagnostic rabbit in order to get my cat with CKD and IBD on a cat food that is lower in phosphorus for her CKD and that is rabbit that she can tolerate well for her IBD. The Instinct LID rabbit is both too drying for my IBD cat and too high phosphorus DMA 1.37 for my CKD cat. Rayne diagnostic rabbit phosphorus is great at DMA .54. It also has a lot of water in it better for my cat. The only problem is that the Rayne Diagnostic rabbit has no vitamins or minerals added in it. I am currently using 1/3 Instinct and 2/3 Rayne getting her used to Rayne. I got in Balance IT K to add in vitamins and minerals. My nutritionist suggested 5 white scoops per can for my 5.7 lb little cat. The first time I added in only one scoop of Balance IT K into my cat food and my cat threw up the food. The second time I added in 2 white scoops into a can 2/3 full of the mixture of Instinct and Rayne cat food and my very hungry cat tasted it and refused it. I tasted it and it was bitter. A few hours later I offered her the same proportional mixture of Instinct and Rayne cat food without any vitamin mineral supplement added in and she ate a lot of it. Does the bitter taste in the first offered mixture of cat food mean something is wrong with the Balance IT K? It looked a little lumpy. Could the Balance IT K have gone bad? Has anyone had experience with this vitamin minerals supplement or know of another? I want to switch totally to Rayne diagnostic rabbit because the phosphorus level is really low: .54 DMA and great for CKD but it needs vitamins and minerals supplements because it has none added in. Am thinking of just keeping her on 1/3 Instinct 2/3 Rayne as the Instinct does have vitamins and minerals in it enough for an average sized cat and she is really small so maybe she would be ok without adding anything into it. Suggestions of what to do?
2C691F36-1E79-4646-9EB2-D6D777FD2F69.jpeg