Bakerstone Pizza Oven Box

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Winchester, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:38 PM.

1. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Rick and I were at Lowes tonight and I'm just walking along minding my own business. And suddenly the Bakerstone Pizza Oven Box jumped right out at me! It's a pizza box that you put on top of the grates on your gas grill. Supposedly it helps to get the temperature up to 600-700 degrees, which is really good for pizza. The interior is stone, so once it gets hot, they say you can bake a pizza in about 4-6 minutes. It even comes with a metal pizza peel for help in getting the pizza in and out of the oven.

I have a long wooden peel that I use in the kitchen, but the metal peel would be nice for the grill.

I was on Home Depot and Amazon, but Lowes is the only place that has the metal peel with the oven box. I read quite a few reviews and people seem to really like the pizza oven box.

(I need to stay out of Lowes. That thing is calling to me. :sigh: Have I mentioned how much we love pizza around here?)

2. Mystikal kitten

Mystikal kitten TCS Member Adult Cat

Apr 19, 2017
    Central New York State
    That sounds like a very good investment. I'm going to have to look it up.

3. sivyaleah

sivyaleah TCS Member Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I had a regular pizza stone some years back. I used to keep i in the oven all the time. Crusts came out much better on it. It did eventually crack, but it took years of use. Sounds like a great kitchen addition to me :D

4. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    :yummy: Let us know what you think after you test it out please!

5. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Wow, pizza on the grille sounds like a food category unto itself! Yum!

6. Mother Dragon

Mother Dragon Cat slave Alpha Cat

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    Anything for cooking or grilling is a necessity. Go get before they sell out!

7. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    I brought money with me to work this morning and am going down during lunch to pick one up.

My pizza stone for our kitchen oven is 30+ years old now. It's a huge thing (it just barely fits into the oven, so that I can close the oven door) and it's got this gorgeous patina from all the pizzas and foccacias it has baked over those years. I've never washed it (because it's porous), but I do wipe it down after we use it. It is just gorgeous. I don't know if anybody is familiar with the old G.C. Murphy's store, before it became Ames; that's where I got it and I think I paid less than $5 for the thing because it was on sale at a really low price. Amazing the stuff you can remember sometimes. But it has well stood the test of time, IMO. It's a really pretty stone.

We do pizza on the grill often in the summer. I make individual pizza shells, stack them between waxed paper and then I set out a big tray of all kinds of toppings. Another tray of cheeses. And a bowl of my own pizza sauce. That way everybody gets to make their own pizza exactly the way they want it. We throw a couple shells on the (very well-oiled) grill grates, bake on one side til you've got these really neat bubbles. Flip the shells over, then fill. Put the grill cover down for a couple minutes, then put the desired cheeses on. Put the grill cover down for a couple seconds, just long enough for the cheeses to melt. This pizza is wonderful stuff and everybody seems to really like it.

So I'm hoping that the pizza box oven would take it up a notch. I'm leery of putting a huge pizza shell on the grill grates; I can just see it sticking somewhere and that would cause all kinds of problems.

We'll see....stay tuned! (And yeah, I'm excited!)

And Rick said last night that it was amazing how we seem to be at the right place at the right time. There we were, buying water softener salt. And there it was. And it just jumped up and down and yelled, "It's pizza, you fools! Buy me!" :lol:

alejandra rico purraised this.
  8. AbbysMom

AbbysMom At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    That sounds very cool! I was at Lowes yesterday but all I bought was edging stones and a big pot of sunflowers. :lol: Let us know how it works out.

9. Mother Dragon

Mother Dragon Cat slave Alpha Cat

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    Darnnit, Winchester! Now you've made the Pizza Hut pizza we had for supper seem like cardboard. I'm a long way from you, but I'll be there if you're trying your new goody out!

alejandra rico purraised this.
  10. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    :lol: Either Friday or Saturday. C'mon up....spend the weekend. We can shop and eat. Pizza.