Bad idea?? Need advice. . . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we went to visit Morrell today at the Humane Society. My 2 children had to come along. . . . as well as my daughter's fiance and my niece! I was focussed primarily on seeing Morrell even though all the other cats were practically standing on their heads to capture my attention!

The woman in charge took me directly to Morrell's cage, took him out and handed him over to me! He is so cute! She had me visit with him in a private room. Poor shy guy. . . . when I put him down he tried to hide inside a carpeted cat condo. I pet him and talked to him (my family was busy checking out the other kitties).

I filled out the adoption papers and am planning to take him home tomorrow!!:angel2:

I'm sure he will spend a while hiding from us. He is a very timid guy (much like George was when I got him).

Originally Morrell was a stray that was brought in. He and his sister were adopted by a woman who wanted them for "barn cats". It didn't work out (they were using the horse hay for their litter box) so she returned Morrell to the shelter and his sister is still on the run somewhere (can't be captured).

Morrell was living at the home of the woman who runs the shelter (in her laundry room. . . in a cage). What kind of life is that for a cat??? She was trying to tame him. If he is anything like my George was, that is not the way to get a cat used to you!

Morrell has been back at the shelter since March.

It's time for him to have a real home.

I pray that it works out (especially with my other cat).

Laurie

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new kitty Morrel! I'm so happy you went to a shelter for your new fur baby. I hope he will calm down and be the best cat ever.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to you and to Morrel! Post pics of him when you can. He sounds like he's been waiting for you to find him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I like the blanket introduction idea. I appreciate the tip.
Morrell is currently residing in the basement. . . . only comes out at night to play with his toys & mess up my scatter rugs! He spends most of his time hiding (selects new spots when we find where he is!).

He's eating, drinking, using his litter box. All important to me!

I have a feeling that it may be a while before he ventures on upstairs to meet the rest of the family (& Molly).

It took George a month!

Laurie