Bad cat breath should i worry?

alex&roxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok i dont know if it is a silly question i have 3 cats alex12 roxy8 and scratch 3 she is the baby cay small and cute.she the baby has bad breath all the time i mean all the time they all eat hard food I checked her teeth they are clean.but her breath is always bad my other girls dont have this problem has anyone ever experianced this before should i worry what can i do thanks in advance

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With my cats, when their breath odor was off, the cause was usually a dental issue.

Just to be safe, you might want to give your vet a call and asked if your sweetie needs to be checked.

Other members might have some other ideas for you.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suggest a vet visit . It could be nothing or this could be something caught early

If after a vet check nothing is found there are many teeth cleaning / breath freshening aid s at the pet store ..

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats with IBD can have terrible bad breath. Cats with FeLV can also have very bad breath. (Bad breath is one warning sign of FeLV.)

To start with, ask your vet to retest for FeLV. When FeLV is ruled out, look for possible dental or digestive problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alex&roxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i do not know what the abb are IBD or FELV please explain i feel stupid i dont know thanks

crazy4catz2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IBD is inflammatory bowel disease and FeLV is feline leukemia virus.