Back to back trips

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got two back-to-back international work trips coming up, separated by about four days. My mother, who lives nearby, is going to watch Juno at her house (I can't ask her to stay at my house for a host of reasons). She's watched Juno several times before and Juno has gotten more and more comfortable there. For example, she rarely hides anymore and likes to explore the place; she sleeps next to my mom. She does continue to hiss and swat at my mother from time to time, and I can tell she misses me because she purrs nonstop for 10 minutes when I come to pick her up. And then she growls and cries when I put her in her carrier. At this point, she has no reason to associate the carrier with the vet, and she doesn't dislike it in itself (she'll sometimes get in freely when at home). I figure it's some combination of hating the car and hating change (even if that change is to return to her home territory).

Do you think it will be better to leave her at my mom's house for the duration (which would be two full weeks) or bring her home for the four days in between trips? I know it's a little speculative, but speculation would be much appreciated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi --i think, due to a certain level of stress she seems to be having with the carrier/car/travelling, maybe leave her at your Mom's for the duration. Plus i wonder if it'll be a bit confusing for her if you bring her home, and then back to Mom's again.