Back Leg Amputation

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes:The three of you will pull through just great. Hugs to all and extra hugs to Bebe for being so determined to get home, to Leonard for alerting you that his friend was in the garden and to you for being such a fantastic caretaker to your beloved fur babys. :grouphug: :kiss: :touched: :vibes::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Susana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow... this thread is great and made me cry. I am so happy Bebe is home rcovering and happy for you, too! I struggled with whether I would make the decision to have Mike's right hind leg amputated when the time came. If he was younger I wouldn't think twice because it was necessary. But he was 16 and I didn't want to put him through something he may not adjust to at his age.Unfortunately, he died before he got that chance. I came across a "Guide for Amputee Caregivers" on a site that offers financial assistance for cats that suffer from vaccine-associated sarcoma. It appears that you have already a lot of wonderful advice but I hope but I hope this helps a little.
Feline VAS Support - Guide for Amputee Caretakers

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... this thread is great and made me cry. am so happy Been and for you, too! I struggled it wether I would make the decision to have Mike"s right hind leg amputated when the tim came. If he was younger I wouldn't think twice b cause it was necessary. But he was 16 and I didn't want to put through something he m ay not adjust to a his age. Unfortunately, he died before he got that chance. I came across a "Guide for Amputee Caregivers" on a site that offers financial assistance for cats that suffer from vaccine-associated sarcoma. It appears that you have already a lot of wonderful advice but I hope but I hope this helps a little.
Feline VAS Support - Guide for Amputee Caretakers
:grouphug: :alright::grouphug2::hearthrob::redheartpump: :hugs: :rbheart: :angel: :vibes::vibes::sunshine: