Bachs vs Feliway

lovecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats and just got a new kitten. The kitten is stressing them out, jumping on them and such. I have a Feliway but it didnt seem to do anything. Plus it smelled like burning plastic (I am sending it back to manuf.)

Does the Bachs really work? I saw you can get the rescue remedy or single essences.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use Rescue Remedy and Feliway. You may want to buy the Comfort Zone spray instead of the Feliway plug-in.

When Rescue Remedy works, it works. But there's no way to know in advance if it's going to help your kitties with the stress. We put drops in the water when we clean it daily, and we dab a little under the chin of our kitty that stresses easily.

But kitties have a LOT of energy. I don't know how old your other cats are - but the more time you can invest in play - for the older kitties, I'd suggest alone time play to help relieve stress, and just try to play with the new kitty as much as possible to use up some of that energy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a male and a female that are 16 and a female that is 3/4. I'll give it a try, if they don't like it, I can always use it :-)

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the kitten is wearing out or irritating your older cats you should separate them for at least part of the day and give the poor old folks a break
That will give them some recovery time. Over time your kitten will calm down.