Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

baby scales/ cat scales

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by goonie, Apr 7, 2010.

1. goonie

goonie Thread Starter TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 1, 2007
    riverside, ca
    i'm seriously considering buying a baby scale so i can keep track of my cats weight. especially since Mouse, my 13 year old got a feeding tube put in sunday for the 2nd time. i've checked amazon and there's quite a price range, from $30 to $300 or more. i want to get one that lasts for a while. does anybody here know which brand is better or what the difference in the prices is?

2. strange_wings

strange_wings TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 20, 2006
    Just a quick suggestion. Check garage sales or craiglist. What happens when someone's baby outgrows the scale? They get rid of it. [​IMG]

3. grogs

grogs TCS Member Super Cat

Dec 22, 2008
    A State of Confusion
    This is the one I use to weigh my guys:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

I've found it to be a good scale for my needs. You really just need a scale that's accurate to ~1 ounce. I wouldn't pay more than the price for this scale unless you have a really good reason (i.e., some feature you just have to have.)

4. missymotus

missymotus TCS Member Top Cat

May 8, 2005
    I got baby scales off Ebay for a low price, similar to the scales in the link above.

5. clpeters23

clpeters23 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 25, 2005
    Chicagoland, IL
    I had a baby scale once and could not get any of my cats to get on it. Now I just subtract my weight from the total of two of us.

BonitaBaby purraised this.

6. pookie-poo

pookie-poo TCS Member Top Cat

I bought a Redmon digital baby scale 10 years ago, when Cleo was diagnosed with CRF. I use it weekly, and it's still going strong. I paid about $100 for mine, so the price has come down considerably...and this is a much nicer scale than mine. Mine weighs in pounds/ounces or Kg.
    http://www.qualitytoys.com/digital-baby-scale.html

7. goonie

goonie Thread Starter TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 1, 2007
    riverside, ca
    thanks for the info. i checked around a little more and decided to get that one. it seems a good price. i ordered it this morning