Baby Ragdoll Sneezing

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
201705089519012490895resized001002.jpg
Our new baby Ragdoll kitten arrived a week ago via air cargo. He is beautiful, energetic, playful, and healthy...except for every so often he has a tiny, quick sneeze. He seems totally fine, but my breeder is concerned. The vet gave him Clavomox, but after a week, no changes. Any advice, please?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, your new kitten is adorable. :loveeyes: What's his name? I'm guessing the trip via air cargo may be the culprit. By any chance did the breeder say if any of the other kittens in the litter were sneezing? Glad you went to the vet, did you call them to report no change after a week? When you mention he has a tiny sneeze every so often, is he congested at all? I know certain brachycephalic breeds for example will sneeze due to their airway structure. Perhaps other members with Ragdolls can offer some advice. Best of luck to you, your new guy is precious. :hugs:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so glad to hear you are in contact with the breeder and that she is involved with the situation.

From the standpoint of a person with allergies it is not uncommon for me to sneeze a little bit in a new area just as my body acclimates to local pollens and other allergens. There may be a chance that he is having a very mild reaction to some scent or plant in or around your home. Just as another plausible direction to explore.

He really is a doll. Did you guys pick a name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your input. Our baby's name is Lexus, we call him Lex. He's amazing! After a week, he owns the place and bosses around his much bigger sisters! We have three other girl kitties, all healthy. He's not congested. I switched to a different vet today who said he's fine, but realigned the atlas in his spine. The vet said the sneezes should go away now.
Yes, my breeder is Deb Parks of Riterags in SC, she breeds champion Ragdolls. Our experience has been very postive.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear Lex has acclimated to your fur family and you saw a new vet that you like. Hope you share many happy moments with Lex and post new pics as he grows. :bluepaw:

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Lex has acclimated to your fur family and you saw a new vet that you like. Hope you share many happy moments with Lex and post new pics as he grows. :bluepaw:
Thank you! Where is the best place to post his pics? In my album?

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can do an introduction on he New Cats on the Block page.

New Cats on the Block

There is also a fur photos only page if you want to start a watch me grow type of thread to post photos as he grows up.

Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
Oh! What an an awesome set up! I originally came to this site for some info and advice, but I feel I have found so much more! Thank you!

xxtina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 180989Our new baby Ragdoll kitten arrived a week ago via air cargo. He is beautiful, energetic, playful, and healthy...except for every so often he has a tiny, quick sneeze. He seems totally fine, but my breeder is concerned. The vet gave him Clavomox, but after a week, no changes. Any advice, please?
Omg she is beautiful! Where did you get her from?

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the first couple of weeks Newman was home he sneezed a bit. The vet didn't find anything wrong and he has pretty much stopped. Maybe it was just acclimating to a new environment. Perhaps that is the same with Lexus.

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Although this thread is from 2017, how is Lexus? ^v^