Baby Oil?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember Cliffie on "Cheers?" The mailman who was always pontificating about arcane information like the length of a whale's intestines?

Well, I'm painfully aware that I have some of Cliffie's compulsion to share bits of information I pick up along the way. I know it's annoying, but I can't seem to help it. So here's what I feel compelled to mention, just in case it might save somebody from a difficult situation someday:

Baby oil should not be used in the, uh, manner to which Fran refers IF a latex condom is involved. The oil can break down the latex and cause a failure.

Now, lest you think that I, at my advanced age, am having a lot more fun than I actually am, let me clarify that this is something I heard on Oprah -- NOT knowledge gained from direct experience...

~ sigh ~

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Remember Cliffie on "Cheers?" The mailman who was always pontificating about arcane information like the length of a whale's intestines?

Well, I'm painfully aware that I have some of Cliffie's compulsion to share bits of information I pick up along the way. I know it's annoying, but I can't seem to help it. So here's what I feel compelled to mention, just in case it might save somebody from a difficult situation someday:

Baby oil should not be used in the, uh, manner to which Fran refers IF a latex condom is involved. The oil can break down the latex and cause a failure.

Now, lest you think that I, at my advanced age, am having a lot more fun than I actually am, let me clarify that this is something I heard on Oprah -- NOT knowledge gained from direct experience...

~ sigh ~
Amusingly, it says as much on condom packages ^.^ But if such product use is desired, or if one is allergic to latex, there are polyurethane ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YEA this has turned into a documentary baby thing...