Baby Bean Has Wet Fip

Kcrcoyle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 11 month old kitten Bean was diagnosed with wet FIP about two weeks ago and just recently she's started the slippery downhill slope with her health. Not only is this horribly depressing and sad, but I'm in the dark of how I should know to put her down. Her breathing's become labored but she's still eating okay for a kitten with such a disease. She sleeps a lot and has trouble getting around due to her big belly but how would I know when to put her down? If I don't decide to put her down, then will she go peacefully or will it be horribly painful? I only want the best for her and as much time as I can get :sniffle:

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Bean. I lost my Ollie to FIP last October, and it was heartbreaking. For us, we chose euthanasia when he started struggling to breath. I didn't want him to suffer. It was very peaceful. I spent hours holding and snuggling him, and then when we were both ready, the vet administered the medicine. There was no pain for him. He just drifted off to sleep and didn't wake back up.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish no one had to.

Yazizi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry abt Bean. I'm struggling with the same dilemma for my 3 month old Peanut. He was diagnosed with wet fip on 11 April. I can see he is in pain from the swelling in his legs. There is some fluid in this abdomen too. But I was told that we will know when it is time to let go. For peanut I think he is not ready yet. He is still alert and eating well for his state. I'm gonna be by his side and try and make his life as comfortable as I can. I know it is really difficult to see them suffer but I don't want to give up when he wants to fight on. I pray for guidance. I hope u will know when it is time for Bean.

winksmom

Darling in his basket
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you are going through this. FIP is an awful virus! My little Wink went to sleep three weeks ago.
When they stop eating and drinking you will need to decide fairly soon. Its so hard I know. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. There's way too many of our little friends suffering and dying from this.