Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Goodness, haven't you all been busy little babblers!  Gorgeous spring day here.. cats have found the sunny spots

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my it's 7:08pm and my 3 and 1 year old are down for the night. Hurrah it's like a vacation.
Guess I will have that glass of Cabernet.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my it's 7:08pm and my 3 and 1 year old are down for the night. Hurrah it's like a vacation.
Guess I will have that glass of Cabernet.
Ugh. 7:23 already? :(

I hate days like this where I didn't feel like I did much and all of a sudden I don't see the sun anymore. Hm, thinking of whether I should go to the library to work on stuffs...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Peaches08:  Magnesium oil for after workouts?  What's in it and what does it do?  I presume it is some sort of oil but what form is the magnesium in, and do you add anything else like essential oils? 

Last edited:

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@MServant  Semolina butterscotch pudding sounds ridiculous!  I think I will have to take a peek at Epicurious and see if I can find a recipe!

So remember earlier in the thread when I was secretly wishing my fridge would break?  Well, my faucet broke instead.  So I come home from work and the hubby is under the sink, the new faucet nearly installed (how good is he?).  And as he's putting the finishing touches on the faucet, he comes to realize that the trap is not connected, and all along, we've been about an inch away from a disastrous leak!  

And so ends my habit of secretly hoping things in my house will break.  

But how good are the kitties?  The whole time we're working on the sink, they're sitting in the kitchen, watching our every move.  Good little monsters!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking of going to Barnes & Noble tomorrow.  I like to go and look at their clearance books.  I can't walk in there without buying something.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
PennyWise, ever wondered if your kitties are looking and learning, or just looking to check you're doing something right?  Like they know but aren't telling?  My boy watches everything I do, and if there's someone in the apartment doing work like fixing the boiler he has to watch them too!  Don't know how he'd cope if there were 2 people doing different things in different rooms! 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peaches08:  Magnesium oil for after workouts?  What's in it and what does it do?  I presume it is some sort of oil but what form is the magnesium in, and do you add anything else like essential oils? 
It's called magnesium oil, but it's not really an oil at oil. It just feels oily. I mix equal parts magnesium chloride with water and put it in a spray bottle. After workouts I spray it on and leave it for 20 to 30 min. Human skin absorbs magnesium transdermally; it's how Epsom salts baths work (magnesium sulfate). It helps reduce soreness after workouts and stops those dreaded cramps in the middle of the night.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

PennyWise, ever wondered if your kitties are looking and learning, or just looking to check you're doing something right?  Like they know but aren't telling?  My boy watches everything I do, and if there's someone in the apartment doing work like fixing the boiler he has to watch them too!  Don't know how he'd cope if there were 2 people doing different things in different rooms! 
My theory is that Eopie is learning as much as she can, just in case she comes back in her next life as a human, then she'll have a head start.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what's going on in Schnitzel's mind, but I surmise it sounds something like circus music. 

I can just imagine the kitties running from one room to the other trying to keep an eye on everything that was going in their domain!

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay, am back home on my own computer now, and sis and I did go for a long hour walk after all - - in the light rain even! (we took umbrellas).  my legs are sore now though

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my fosterling Sebastian had a vet check today and great news...... he gets to keep his eye!!!!!!!! Woohoo i'm so happy for him. He was such a good little kitten taking all his medications and letting me clean his eye. 3x's a day for  a month The infection was so bad, 3 vets felt his eye was going to have to be removed. Well we showed them *wink* I think he might be blind in that eye, but at least he can keep it. I love fostering. Miracles do happen.
  The kittens are now 6 weeks old,eating kibble, and still nursing of course, no litter box accidents, kitten life is grand, and their hand shy scared momma is also doing better. She now comes up to me on her own.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Sebastian.  And big thanks to super foster mom for taking such good care of him. 

It's so weird looking at international posts and people just back in from walks in the rain. It's 2 am here !!!!  I was going to retire but then my broadband crashed and rather than thinking OK, bed time, my brain went in to hyper mode and had to get it fixed .  
   Now Mouse is munching on his supper biscuits and  trying to steel them out of the tin I keep in the sitting room for throwing - he chases then around to catch them but with me being otherwise occupied with routers etc he obviously decided to have an easier snack!  

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, David is on to me I think regarding the L-Lysine treats.. he puts them in his mouth, then spits them out, all wet and yucky.  I have to coax him to eat most, but he is liking them less and less each day 
 - - - so, I am  thinking will have to pick up the pure lysine powder I have read about on here, to dissolve in a few cc's of water, and syringe it to him..

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay Sebastian!  Its so wonderful to hear good news!  It sounds like you're doing a great job with the kitties. 

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yay Sebastian!  Its so wonderful to hear good news!  It sounds like you're doing a great job with the kitties. 
Yes to this,  I hope someday I will be as fortunate to foster kits.  I am going to do a search kittyfostermom to see if there are any photos of the cute 6 week old babies.  So glad he is much healthier now.  

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The birds have seen Sundar from his perch at the window.  They're squawking at him while hanging upside down on the sailcloths.  They're such a tease!

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't believe how fast kittens grow!  just a little while ago the baby slept in my hand, now he's 5.2lbs.....what a weed

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Well, David is on to me I think regarding the L-Lysine treats.. he puts them in his mouth, then spits them out, all wet and yucky.  I have to coax him to eat most, but he is liking them less and less each day 
 - - - so, I am  thinking will have to pick up the pure lysine powder I have read about on here, to dissolve in a few cc's of water, and syringe it to him..
Where do you get your l-Lysene from? I bought mine from the vet, but I'll need more soon, and the kitten won't touch the paste, as much as Matt likes it

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Updated some new pics of the kittens and momma. :)

Thank you, just doing my job! :)

Last edited by a moderator: