Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way too many posts I want to reply too :bawling:

Needless to say, I did go to bed last night ;) :lol:

Norachan Norachan Cat cafes sound great. What are they?!?

losna losna Mum refuses to have anything that she terms 'messy' treats in the house. Sometimes, I get very sick of still living at home (no matter how necessary my health makes it...). I have to respect my parents wishes in certain things...unless I want to live in a permanent battleground ;)

What's everyone doing today?

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning to all.. I'm up way too early. The birds are so happy. They are singing and the bugs are buzzing. Sounds like locusts out there. I might take my chi to the small dog park. We went to a large dog park the other day. We wont be doing that again. Might go to the pool. Its supposed to be good day for that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's technically the afternoon where I live 
 And it's a work day too. I just finished posting this - 

Warning: Cuteness Overload! Picture Of The Week #1528

And now working on more fun cat picture lists like our  [article="32762"]23 Derpy Cat Smiles That Will Brighten Up Your Day​[/article]   and  [article="32747"]31 Embarrassing Ways For Cats To Get Stuck The Tcs Kitty Illustrated Guide​[/article].

I'm also racking my brain for ideas for more cat quizzes, so if you have any, shout them out here (and don't forget to @ mention me) if you do.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's funny - my parents still think in Fahrenheit for the most part (and pounds and ounces for cooking etc), but I think in Centigrade for temperature, yet am equally comfortable with metric or imperial for
Canada officially went Metric back in the 70's (I think) and weather temperatures are always in Metric now.  Yet if someone tells me my temperature in celsius, I look at them with a blank stare and ask for the Fahrenheit translation, as 98.6 F still means normal, to me.

And highway signs are in kilometres.  But recipes still are in cups and teaspoons, though most do also include the Metric equivalent.   And don't even bother telling me the weight of a newborn in celsius, I need the lbs & ounces translation there too. As well, I have no clue how what my own weight would be in Metric - it's all about lbs there too. LOL.

I am really enjoying lurking on some of the pregnant cat threads on this site. It is always very informative and fun to watch once the kittens start to grow up. 
Me too.   I've been following the ups and downs of a few of the new kitten stories, and it's really opened my eyes to how much work and dedication is required if a momma cat needs help caring for her kittens. Bravo to all the human mommies who help these newborns, as well as the advisers who are always there to give advice and support.

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the link to the sites' collection of funny pics!!! How adorable they all are. the commentary really pulls it all together. CUTE Nice way to start the day. As soon as my headache goes away I'll get over to the computer and post some pics.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama It's funny - for weather I only think in Centigrade, but for body temperature I think in Fahrenheit :confuse3: Go figure. I used to think only in stones and lbs for my weight, but I can deal with that or metric equally well now (not that I weigh myself if I can possibly avoid it :lol3: ). Height is definitely imperial. I'm definitely the product of a country that switched :nod: I don't know when the uk changed - before my time. My parents grew up with imperial, but I was taught metric in school. I think that's at least partly why I'm all over the place :lol3:

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I walked my pup (blue chi). We had a nice time. About 3 deer peered out from the woods. As soon as they spotted him, they stopped in their tracks then turned and ran back there. Luckily, Blue didn't see them. Yeah, not too much humidity predicted. High of 88

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love seeing deer. There are a few in the woods around here, but it's rare to see them. It always feels special somehow when they do show themselves.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@rubysmama It's funny - for weather I only think in Centigrade, but for body temperature I think in Fahrenheit
Go figure. I used to think only in stones and lbs for my weight, but I can deal with that or metric equally well now (not that I weigh myself if I can possibly avoid it
). Height is definitely imperial. I'm definitely the product of a country that switched
I don't know when the uk changed - before my time. My parents grew up with imperial, but I was taught metric in school. I think that's at least partly why I'm all over the place
My height is definitely feet and inches, too.   And we still have 12 inch rulers.  And the dollar store sells measuring spoons that don't include the ml equivalent.  Yep, definitely interesting living in a country that "officially" switched to Metric 40 years ago. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I walked my pup (blue chi). We had a nice time. About 3 deer peered out from the woods. As soon as they spotted him, they stopped in their tracks then turned and ran back there. Luckily, Blue didn't see them. Yeah, not too much humidity predicted. High of 88
I love seeing deer. There are a few in the woods around here, but it's rare to see them. It always feels special somehow when they do show themselves.
I've just come back form a nice long walk in the woods and I saw about 8 red deer, mothers and babies. They all run away as soon as they hear you but it's nice to see them galloping through the woods. They look so red against all this green.

Have you really not heard about Cat Cafes? Lots of people in Tokyo can't have a pet because they live in such tiny apartments, so they get their kitty fix by going to a cat cafe where they can hang out with the furry residents while they drink coffee or eat lunch. I was thinking of opening one, but my cats are all such wild and feral beasties. It would be more like a Cat Safari park. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely video Norachan Norachan . Thanks for sharing :D Those look like very happy cats! Such a fantastic environment for them too :nod: There's just one problem - if I went into that cafe I'd never come out again :lol3:

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I've not heard of a cat café either. What a very cool idea! Also, I did not know about red deer. They must be beautiful. The deer population in my area is more than plentiful. I hope they keep away from the road.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, I've not heard of a cat café either. What a very cool idea! Also, I did not know about red deer. They must be beautiful. The deer population in my area is more than plentiful. I hope they keep away from the road.
I think they are called elk in the US. Where do you live @bubbleberry  ? I'm half way up Mount Fuji.

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh thanks, elk. Huh...wow, you are in Japan, up the mountain. Must be beautiful to live high atop the land. I'm in MD today in my apt. Sometimes I'm in PA at my p/t home, big back yard up there.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
the cats are $5 richer! mine likes to mug me every night too.. lol. 

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Sunday so far! I'm heading to my parents.. mom wants to go shopping.

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds good! Thanks nice...blue n me are headed for a Sunday drive...get some of the fresh air
Talk later

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning!!

I finally got some sleep last night! Yay! Sinbad jumped into bed right after I got settled and curled up on my feet the way he usually does. Now he's back to annoying the crap out of Tempest so I think the drugs have fully left his system.

@Norachan   My husband uses the shelter where we adopted Tempest and Sinbad like a cat cafe. 
 He's very good at calming cats, so every weekend he volunteers there and they have him socializing the kittens and the most terrified cats. Even the shyest little scared ones will curl up in his arms and snuggle, it's so adorable.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
losna losna I'm so pleased to hear that Sinbad is back to tormenting Tempest (though I imagine Tempest's views are a little different ;) )

Cute pic catlover19 catlover19 I can see why you're happy with it :)

Does anyone have a cure for permanent exhaustion? If you do, I'd love to to hear it. I'm sick of being :sleep: all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.