Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little peeper/ helper IS cute, [emoji]127852[/emoji]
My hair gets a little dry when I use the sun in (yup, they still sell it), but it's easy and I just do a touch up with that every now n then. My black n white long hair lived to 18 1/2 yrs. Best buddy! Now I have a chi. He's a sweetie too! Another great pic of the litter!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@mickNsnicks2mom   I didn't post about it aside from this thread as I've been  stressing out over it. We took him in for his general wellness exam, and he needed a tooth cleaning. We opted to have xrays done, and they revealed bone loss in his jaws so rather than a simple cleaning he ended up having 8 teeth and a section of both his upper and lower jaw removed.

The vet has no idea why, but she hopes that this will stem further loss, especially now that we know to watch out for it. 

@Columbine   He's behaving much closer to normally this morning. We actually got sleep last night, he crawled in with me under the sheets and snuggled. He is super needy, but that's only to be expected so I am lavishing love and cuddles on him.

He's one sad kitty right now though, soupy canned food is all he's allowed to eat for the next 14 days while his jaws heal up. He keeps looking for his crunchy bones.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
@Bonitababy

Why thank you! It'a a good thing he's cute or he would be in trouble as he gets into lots of mischief!

handsome kitty handsome kitty

Yep, one and the same. He's the one who splashes water everywhere from the water bowls, and climbs the screens on my back porch. He also likes to get IN the litter box while I am scooping it to do his business. And he has a really cute meow! [emoji]128049[/emoji]

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2   Sinbad climbs in while I am scooping his, too. He seems to think that I take his stool because I like it. He always acts like he does when he's bringing me dead bugs he's caught. Look mommy!! Look at the presents I have for you!!! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
losna losna

That's cute!

I'm sorry your kitty is in so much pain and cannot eat properly right now. It's so hard to watch our animals go through procedures that they understand nothing about. :(

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2   Yeah.. though he's in pretty good spirits all things considered. He's intelligent enough to associate unpleasant things with treat rewards, so he'll accept being medicated and bandaged/etc without much fuss because he knows he gets the good stuff when it's done. The vet calls him a little champ. 

He is definitely uncomfortable, but he's also hamming it up for all he's worth because he has figured out we're spoiling him and he wants to ride it as much as he can. Like when we had to put medicine in his eyes a while back, he absolutely hated it. But when it was medicine time he'd go sit by the treat area and wait because he knew crap in his eyes means treats come too. He actually tried to pretend his eyes were still bothering him after the daily medicine stopped. 

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This blogging I'd a very cool idea! I'm really with lower back pain n need to be off my feet for a bit. My bf's bro has 19 cats. When I get the pics back I'll post them. I'm sorry about your kitty that's on the diet for now, hope he feels better soon[emoji]128568[/emoji]

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
losna losna I'm glad Sinbad isn't dealing with the side effects on top of everything else now. I'm super sensitive with meds too, so I can definitely relate! That op sounds nasty though. I really hope it does fix things for him. Get well soon Sinbad :vibes:

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 You gave the cutest plumber's assistant I've ever seen :heart3:

*sitting with a dreaming Asha in my lap - so sweet with her legs and ears twitching*

Last edited:

jesterkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning!  I haven't been on in awhile, glad to be back!  I just got a new kitty, feral, found on the road the other day.  Her pic is in the Calico Kitten page and her name is Elfin!

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I prefer coffee to tea but have to make sure it's not too strong or I end up staying up way too late

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see the moderator's note above. Are we supposed to limit our posts to 15 words? I thought they just had to be a minimum of 15 words. Maybe I'm confused [emoji]128535[/emoji].

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@Bonitababy
  Oh no!  Now a MOD is going to come and remind us posts need to be 15 words long and that you cannot post consecutively.
You called? :D Here I am. :D Just remember every Mod Note adds to the post count. :D

MOD NOTE - Posts need to be 15 words long and you can not post consecutively

MOD NOTE - Just a reminder that posts need to be around 15 words long.
One, two, three four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.
Nice, you can count! :clap:

I see the moderator's note above. Are we supposed to limit our posts to 15 words? I thought they just had to be a minimum of 15 words. Maybe I'm confused [emoji]128535[/emoji].
No, just a minimum. :) You don't need to count, close is good but some have only been around six words or so. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Upthread someone mentioned apple sauce, and though I don't want to rush summer along, when the local apples are in the stores, I think I need to make some (chunky) apple sauce.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad has settled down for a nap! Time for mommy to play!! 

I think I'll make some sweets. Chocolate covered sunflower seeds, pistachio chocolate bars and possibly some cocoa dusted almonds or dark chocolate date cookies. Om nom nom. Chocolate making party at my house!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One, two, three four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.
 I only count 14 words here.  Does the dash count as a word?  Of course the 14 words didn't show up.  Do numbers count as words or do they have to be spelled out to count?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

I only count 14 words here.  Does the dash count as a word?  Of course the 14 words didn't show up.  Do numbers count as words or do they have to be spelled out to count?
Is this pick on the Mod day? :lol3:

Here's the official rule from Anne:

1. Minimum of 15 words per post. Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.
Close is good enough. ;)

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to turn on the AC today. Why is it so hot? Why is summer here? The AC is right next to where I work -- thankfully not blowing at me directly though -- so I can't hear much because the hum is crazy loud.

Someone else is enjoying the AC though:
View media item 283958
omg, he looks so pudgy from here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.