Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxxiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did my very first post, yay me! It's proly too long, but I just want everyone to know how much I adore my cat, Tuxxie! He showed up, seemingly abused by a previous family, and after about 6 months he is settling in well. I just can't get over how gentle he is. And when I think of his gentleness, I inevitability start crying because HOW could anyone mistreat this guy? When people meet him and he finally lets them pet him, they all say the exact same thing I said..."he is so gentle that he makes you want to be gentle with him." It's so hard to keep the bad pictures out of my head of what might have happened to this poor, sweet soul. So I love him up the best I can and tell him all the time that he will never have to put up with nastiness ever, ever again. Not as long as I'm around!

I know the feeling all too well! I grew up as "John Brown's Daughter," until I had my first child. Then he became John Brown's Grandson" and I was put into the role of "John Brown's Grandson's Mother!!!" I feel your pain!

Last edited by a moderator:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@kntrygrl256 I personally much prefer dumb phones. I don't have one right now (since I literally couldn't replace my old one when the speaker went out on the old phone).  Apps are cool, but also very time consuming. I still have an older version of a smartphone which has a keyboard. I'm not sure what I'll do when it eventually dies.

@TuxxieCat I totally feel bad about my cat Carrot. He was returned to the shelter twice. Once by someone who didn't want to deal with the fact that his eyes ooze all of the time as a result of a surgery on his eyes he had to have after having feline herpes, and once by people who added a new family member he didn't get along with. He is such a sweety. I couldn't ever imagine returning him!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did my very first post, yay me! It's proly too long, but I just want everyone to know how much I adore my cat, Tuxxie! He showed up, seemingly abused by a previous family, and after about 6 months he is settling in well. I just can't get over how gentle he is. And when I think of his gentleness, I inevitability start crying because HOW could anyone mistreat this guy? When people meet him and he finally lets them pet him, they all say the exact same thing I said..."he is so gentle that he makes you want to be gentle with him." It's so hard to keep the bad pictures out of my head of what might have happened to this poor, sweet soul. So I love him up the best I can and tell him all the time that he will never have to put up with nastiness ever, ever again. Not as long as I'm around!
Welcome!!  
    That's  him in your avatar? He sure is handsome!!  There are some really horrible people in the world, that's for sure. I'm glad that he found his way to you. He's a lucky kitty to have someone who loves him so much. Every cat should be so fortunate. 

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you rather have a smart phone or a dumb tough phone?

LOL I have an OLD phone... I mean really OLD. All it does is text and call. It's a "dumb" phone LOL. Anyway, I left it in my pants pocket last night when I washed clothes and found it this morning. I just knew it was a goner. I took it apart and left it on the dash in my car (I didn't have any rice) to dry out for a couple of hours and just put it back together and IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I am totally shocked. I was getting ready to buy me another phone but now I think I just wanna keep this one. It may be DUMB but it sure is tough!!!
You should totally recommend your phone to @Winchester, she's had some unfortunate encounters with the laundry machine. :crackup: I wonder if there's a smart tough phone out there! :lol3:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My smartphone has survived falling down the loo (....just don't ask :anon: ...). I go through cases at a rate of knots because I keep dropping my phone, but the phone itself is unscathed.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Columbine  Have you tried booklet type phone cases? My phone has fallen a couple of times and each time the phone was unscathed and the case survived very well 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@kntrygrl256  Was your phone by any chance a Nokia "Brick"? 

@TuxxieCat  Welcome to TCS! And thank you for taking in such a sweet boy! May you two have many years of wonderful memories in company with each other!
 Mine is just a plain Samsung....very very old.

@FhiCat  I usually don't have this problem. I leave my phone in the car but I was working in the yard and was waiting on a call from my oldest DD and well, lets just say the heat got to me and I wasn't thinking clearly

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a phone go in the wash (thankfully). But I have had my iPod with a touch screen go through. After a week spent in rice, it has survived to the point where there aren't even water droplets behind the screen anymore. It works as new.

My father washed his old iPod six times (and dried it in the dryer twice) before it wouldn't come back from it. So surprisingly durable.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Mine is just a plain Samsung....very very old.
Hahaha, Samsung phones are good!

I have a Galaxy S3 and during a fire near my home, we doused our home with water to prevent any embers from reaching the house. It was 3 am so I went outside and saw the fire, I don't even remember when I set it down next to the grill outside. When I found it, it was dripping wet. I hurrily took out the battery and put them in rice. When I tried to turn it on around 20+ hours and it worked perfectly. I was so relieved 
 It has also taken some falls so it has a couple of dents but still going strong after more than 2 years. That's a lot for a smartphone! 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Afternoon , It is a beautiful day here . We are sitting on the deck with the dogs . They love to play outside .  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend .. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine's a Galaxy S5. The booklet cases are the sort I use magiksgirl magiksgirl . I just drop my phone a lot! Sooner or later the plastic parts break. I just make sure not to spend too much money on a single case -I'd be really miffed if I shelled out for a posh case and broke it :lol3:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hahaha, Samsung phones are good!

I have a Galaxy S3 and during a fire near my home, we doused our home with water to prevent any embers from reaching the house. It was 3 am so I went outside and saw the fire, I don't even remember when I set it down next to the grill outside. When I found it, it was dripping wet. I hurrily took out the battery and put them in rice. When I tried to turn it on around 20+ hours and it worked perfectly. I was so relieved 
 It has also taken some falls so it has a couple of dents but still going strong after more than 2 years. That's a lot for a smartphone! 
Oh yeah, I couldn't tell you how many times this thing has been dropped. I have arthritis in my hands so needless to say, I drop lots of stuff, LOL.

It has survived with me for over 3 years so I guess I'll hang on to it a little longer.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the old samsung galaxy appeal. Most of the times it has fallen have been due to cats conducting gravity experiments?

Anyone have cool plans for the weekend? We are taking our dog in for dental extractions and then looking after her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is incredibly hot here in Florida - muggy too! After living here for 30 years, you would think I would get used to it, but I never do! :)

rlavach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just upgraded to the Galaxy S6 which is waterproof. That's great for when my kitty decides to throw my phone into the sink while I'm washing my hands. Yes, he's done that! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have the old samsung galaxy appeal. Most of the times it has fallen have been due to cats conducting gravity experiments?

Anyone have cool plans for the weekend? We are taking our dog in for dental extractions and then looking after her.
I have to work for a few hours tomorrow but come Sunday morning my BF and I are going to float (kayaking) the river and fish for the day. This is how we usually spend our Sundays. It's a great way to end a busy work week.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Columbine  Haha, that definitely happens! my boyfriend and bought our phones at the same time. He changed his very broken screen 3 times and went through, oh, maybe 5 "unbreakable" cases. Every time the salesperson was astonished as to how he could break even those cases! He gave up changing the screen of months ago and got himself a new S5. 

@kntrygrl256  Good! The phone I had before this one lasted me a good 6 years before the charging port (or battery) started to give up on me. It was a Sony Ericsson W810i, so  by the time it started to die down it was very old, it was going to be very hard / expensive to fix so I just gave it to my younger brother who didn't have one. He just had to deal with charging it for 4 hours for a 1 day use. I got a great deal on this Galaxy S3 View media item 283711
@NewYork1303  I've been procrastinating in getting my US passport so my boyfriend is the only one that will be getting to go to Comic-Con this weekend. I will roam aimlessly the world as he has the time of his life and buys me presents to make up for my doomed existence 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@kntrygrl256 That sounds like fun! Last weekend we spent sitting in the river with our neice and nephew since this was the only way to beat the heat.

@MagiksGirl That reminds me that I need to remind my fiance to get his passport. He is dragging his feet on it. But he'll need one for our honeymoon!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@NewYork1303  We love kayaking. I actually started last year. We went with a group and he and I got a canoe. Then we went by ourselves once and I was hooked. Now we are looking to get our own bigger kayaks so we don't have to rent bigger ones. We usually go all day and sometimes camp out so we need LOTS of room.

We are planning a trip to Dauphin Island in Mobile Bay (Alabama) the last weekend of August and are going to kayak around the area fishing and scuba diving.

@MagiksGirl  My cats have been known to do that. She would look straight at me while she knocks something off the table with me telling her "you better not if you know what's good for you" 
..... She does it anyway, hops down and rubs against my legs like "but you love me"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.