Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just love the stories on here. Cats amuse me even when I'm just reading about them. Guess I should stop reading though, and go give my kitties some attention. :rub:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Sophie is adorable.  I just want to snuggle her all up. 

I have a lot of moving boxes in my living room and I thought Chula and Paul would love them but instead they ignore them completely.  Maybe they are too big.  I guess cats feel more secure in smaller boxes.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow! That post is stunning. I want one!!! Your cats are so lucky to have such a wonderful tree to play in. *definitely a serious case of cat tree envy here*

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else look at an empty cardboard box and automatically put it on the floor so one of the kitties can use it as a cave? My Sophie loves these so much. This one wasn't intentional though. it's the box to the humidifier. She found it and decided it was hers. :lol3:

This cat. Is adorable.

Also oops on forgetting the word minimum rules! Your cat is just too cute for so many words :)

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Now I am seeing them in a lovely spacious bedroom and used like bedside tables of the kitty kind.  
   Nice wall standing reading lamps so the bulb heat warmed the kitty platform - what more could everyone ask for?  Oh yes, a little pocket on the side of the platform for where to put the book and reading glasses when ready for a bit of shut-eye.  
 It would have to be a 'natural sun' light for the cats  to truly enjoy it.  I'm thinking a small shelf just under the platform instead of a pocket.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
would this face lie? 
What a sweet story as to how you got Sophie!  She must just have been waiting for you to show up. 
  Years ago when my kids were still little,  my daughters and I went to the kill shelter to adopt two cats.  We kept picking one out after another and the volunteer kept telling us that someone had already signed up for them.  So I told the volunteer,  show us the two that have been here the longest and are in danger of being PTS.  We adopted Wesley and Lucy that way.  Wesley wouldn't even come out of his cage to greet us and Lucy scratched one of my daughters and came with a warning that she had litter box problems.  Wesley turned out to be the most outgoing friendly cat I've ever met until Chula came along and Lucy turned out to be sweet and affectionate and never scratched anyone again.  The only thing that was true was that she did have box problems but we coped and both cats lived into their late teens.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

drxcos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was looking to adopt a cat last March, my grandparents agreed to foster it until July for me, so I went with my grandpa to the State Fair where they were having a massive Pet Adoption Event. We parked basically as far away as you could park, and then had to walk all the way to the event only to find that they only had 2 cats. Grandpa's knees were hurting but we made it back to the car and drove to several Petsmarts and Petcos, hoping to find an animal. We also went to the shelter where they adopted their dog, but the shelter didn't know if the cats were good with dogs or not. Finally we went home to grandma, and grandma and I agreed to try the Pets and People shelter the next day. So the next day we went and looked around for a few minutes before the lady came to use and talked about what type of pet we were looking for. She showed us to the room with cats that were good with dogs, and we looked around for a minute. I saw a few I liked, and then I turned around and saw this beautiful large cat that came to my finger when I put it in the cage. I just knew that this was gonna be the cat. But the lady came back, and I asked what sex the cat was - I was dead-set on a male cat - and I was told the cat was a Maine Coon mix girl. Not only am I in love with Maine Coons, but this girl had just captivated me. I asked to hold her and the lady let her out. When I held her, she nuzzled her head under my chin and held on to me, and I was in love. The lady talked with us for a bit about where the kitty would be living, and she was a bit skeptical when I said I was bringing her to college, but in the end we adopted her and took her to petsmart to get some essential cat stuff. She meowed most of the way to the store, and for a while in the store, but besides that she's very quiet. I immediately decided that Arya was the name for her, and the rest is history :-)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really hard to see the way cats are when they are in shelters, so volunteers don't always have the right idea of what cats are like. When we got Carrot, he was so new to the shelter (again) that none of the volunteers knew anything about him. Luckily, we were able to tempt him out of his shell with a peacock feather a nice woman brought in to the pet store for the shelter cats.

drxcos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

It is really hard to see the way cats are when they are in shelters, so volunteers don't always have the right idea of what cats are like. When we got Carrot, he was so new to the shelter (again) that none of the volunteers knew anything about him. Luckily, we were able to tempt him out of his shell with a peacock feather a nice woman brought in to the pet store for the shelter cats.
Dogs too! When I went with my grandparents to a shelter - they were wanting a larger dog so grandma would feel safe when she's home alone; their(our) dog, Rose, had died earlier that year - we met this super  sweet lab mix. When we took her into a room to meet her, she just ran from one person to the other, putting her paws in our laps; basically giving us hugs and kisses. We were like "Oh, she's sweet, she'll be very good for Balto and Jack" (Balto is blind and deaf, and very small). We got her home and she went crazy, running and jumping on everything, it scared the little dogs, at first. She's fine now, but sometimes she still just goes berserk, and they had to start taking her on a leash when they take her outside in their fenced backyard, because she will   jump the fence.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
View media item 286305
This is how Ivy, Seamus and Munchkin like to sleep. They are the youngest and they all hang out together nearly all day, teasing the older 3. They are sure sweet looking in this picture but they can be little stinkers when they're in a mood.

Last edited by a moderator:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is how Ivy, Seamus and Munchkin like to sleep. They are the youngest and they all hang out together nearly all day, teasing the older 3. They are sure sweet looking in this picture but they can be little stinkers when they're in a mood.[/quote]
View media item 286305

This is one of the cutest cat piles I have ever seen. They are so angelic looking they should have wings.

Last edited:

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.