Babbette

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our 20 year old Babbette (Babs) passed away Saturday, 5 years to The day after her friend/rival PJ passed away. She had kidney disease,but we didn't know it because she didn't have any of the tell-tale sysmptoms. Well, it turns out she had ulcers on her gums, but I didn't know it. In feb. 2019, she had a complete blood panel done and all were well within the normal range. That's how quickly things turned bad, without us even knowing.
The last several years, I really was Bab's slave, due to her arthritis and hard-hearing which eventually became complete deafness. But I willingly served her. It was a labor of love, and I really miss doing it all.
She was a sweet old girl who loved to watch the flames of the artificial logs. She had been with us 20 years and I thank God for the time we had with her. We will miss her greatly.
P7140020.JPG DSCN3529.JPG

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have so many beautiful memories to comfort yourself in this time of sadness, 20 years can make many. She was a beautiful girl, and the happiness she brought you is a treasure beyond compare.
She would never want you to be sad overly long, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you, to love life to the fullest and seek its joys and beauty. She shared your life for many years, you were so lucky to have her in your life. I hope you can remember her with joy and thankfulness and not let the sadness take away from her beautiful memories, celebrate her life and what she meant to you.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself.....RIP precious Babbette. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
di and bob, thank you so much for the sweet words. God is indeed good and I am grateful for the blessing of Babbette.
I will always remember her sweet memories with great joy. I will always laugh at the time she accidentally sat on our cat that passed away in December, Watch Kitty. Gentle Watch Kitty didn't get upset at all, just moved away a little and went back to what she was doing.

Last edited:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
You did a wonderful thing for her taking such good care of her that she lived that long, and she is fine now, just fine, and when you see the both of them someday it will be a joyous reunion.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss of that grand old girl, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

nanknits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry bab's slave about the loss of Babette (love that name) and PJ before her. I smiled at the photo of her watching the artificial flames. I know how empty you feel after you lose a pet that has required a lot of caretaking time. Take care of yourself.

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You did a wonderful thing for her taking such good care of her that she lived that long, and she is fine now, just fine, and when you see the both of them someday it will be a joyous reunion.
"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:
I am sorry for your loss of that grand old girl, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:
Thank you so much for those very kind words. Taking care of her was not a chore for me at all; I love her and I wanted the best for her that I could provide. One thing I regret is that from August until December of last year, I was super busy taking care of Watch Kitty and her Kidney Disease care (twice a week for fluids, etc), so Babbette and Buddy didn't get as much quality time as I (and they) would've liked. I have felt guilt about that. especially now that I know Babs had Kidney Disease as well!
I do truly believe that I will be in heaven some day, and I can't think of any reason God wouldn't allow these innocent animals to be there as well.

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry bab's slave about the loss of Babette (love that name) and PJ before her. I smiled at the photo of her watching the artificial flames. I know how empty you feel after you lose a pet that has required a lot of caretaking time. Take care of yourself.
Thank you thank you. Babbette was actually named by our neighbor. I never liked the name a whole lot, but I'm glad I stuck with it because it just fits her.
I am glad you liked the photo of her and the logs. Looking at that photo always makes me warm inside as well, and not just because of the flames! hee hee

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Babs (and PJ, too), dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a grand old Dame! I know you miss her terribly, but what a life of love you had together. Ia especially love the photo. I have the same set of logs in my home, and my elderly girl loves gazing at them, also. These are the memories that we keep in our hearts, and these memories are the key that allow our hearts to know that our beloved cats' love, now translated and purified into Love, remain with us still. Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Babs (and PJ, too), dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a grand old Dame! I know you miss her terribly, but what a life of love you had together. Ia especially love the photo. I have the same set of logs in my home, and my elderly girl loves gazing at them, also. These are the memories that we keep in our hearts, and these memories are the key that allow our hearts to know that our beloved cats' love, now translated and purified into Love, remain with us still. Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
Thank you, those words are lovely and poetic!
I find it very cool that your cat likes gazing at the same kind of logs! I think it's such a neat thing! I would love to have a photo if you wouldn't mind posting one.

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh she did
Ah, little Babbette! What a long and wonderful life she had, and I know she gave you as much love as you gave her. Rest in peace, sweet girl. :rbheart:
Oh she did, she did, she did. What a sweet girl she was. I never felt lonely. Thank you for the kind words!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Of course, I'll share a picture...naturally, the one I have is not of her actually LOOKING at the flames...I've turned them on, hoping she will cooperate, and I can get one. SOMEWHERE, I have one, I know, but can't find it!

IMG_0133.JPG

But doesn't she look smug about "her" fireplace? The whole area in front of the fire place is her room, with all of her toys, and one of her (many) beds.

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course, I'll share a picture...naturally, the one I have is not of her actually LOOKING at the flames...I've turned them on, hoping she will cooperate, and I can get one. SOMEWHERE, I have one, I know, but can't find it!

View attachment 330118
But doesn't she look smug about "her" fireplace? The whole area in front of the fire place is her room, with all of her toys, and one of her (many) beds.
Oh yes, she is the Queen of her Domain! I love that picture, it gives me the warm fuzzies. So comforting and inviting. Thank you!