Ava The Multicolored Cat

magdamill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my second cat Ava, I adopted her two months ago. I think her coat color is bit strange, it’s like a mixture of beige, red and grey. How would you describe her?(it’s hard to capture her real color on the pictures)

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magdamill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
magdamill magdamill - Ava is absolutely gorgeous. Her ticking is evident in the tabby markings on her forehead, and her tortoiseshell colouration is very clear across her body. She'd be described as a (Ticked) Torbie (tortoiseshell - Tabby). What a lovely addition to your Family!
Thank you! She’s the sweetest soul, and my black cat Felix is absolutely in love with her. Torbie- that’s going to her nickname from now on

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you really think she has the ticked tabby pattern? I agree she is a gorgeous torbie, but I'm seeing mackerel stripes on her.
The quote was, "her ticking is evident in the tabby markings on her forehead...." A close look shows areas where only the agouti pattern is evident, so yes - I think she inherited only one copy of T, allowing the Tabby stripes to (generally) show through the ticked masking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magdamill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to revive such an old thread but the vet suspects Ava is a wildcat mixture haha

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the vet would be wrong lol. She's just a stunning torbie mackeral :) I have a girl almost like her just a fluffier version lol. She has grey, beige, black, cream, orange and white in her.
20220313_143131.jpg
20220313_141714.jpg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to revive such an old thread but the vet suspects Ava is a wildcat mixture haha
Which wildcat did dvm think? She is gorgeous, she looks like a torbie dsh to me. She does look a bit exotic maybe 😀

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, Ava is an excellent example of a torbie :loveeyes:
In front of my building there is a cat that could be Ava's sister. She got pregnant, had three kittens. Then she got pregnant again and had three more :( at least the first litter- now 6/6.5 months old- have adapted to the mother's divided attention. And yes we will have her and female from the first litter spayed as soon as the vet has an opening. Her name is Neta