Aurizon In Cats

meimipop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I'm pretty sure I'm overreacting but I thought I'd ask here for peace of mind. One of my adult cats had a routine check up for his kidney disease over the weekend, he had a bit of otitis and was prescribed Aurizon. He looked uncomfortable last night after we applied the drops, washing off his face/ears with his paws for a long time and I'm worried I might have used more product than I should as it's hard to tell how many drops are going in. Also I haven't seen any info about Aurizon on cats, as it seems to be only used for dogs.
Any experiences with Aurizon ear drops on cats?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Although I don't have any personal experience with Aurizon I wanted to bump your post up in case someone else can offer some advice. You peeked my curiosity so I looked the product up and just as you said, found it is mostly prescribed for dogs. Therefore, without further knowledge about Aurizon I would suggest you call your vet with any pertinent questions and ask him/her your concern about it being used for dogs as well as possibly using too many drops. Best of luck, please keep us posted.