ATTENTION: What to expect in the new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
As previously announced in Upgrading The Site - Official Announcement, we will be moving to the new forum on November 1st. The URLs will stay the same so you can still find us at http://www.thecatsite.com.

Be sure that you know your password and that your email is up-to-date under your User CP - Edit Email and Password options.

Here are some changes you will see in the change.

1) Avatars - Larger sizes will be allowed for all members. Custom avatars can be uploaded and animated avatars will be supported.

2) Signatures - Images in signatures will not be supported in the initial move though Anne is investigating it in the future. Do hang on to your signature files, but be please be patient.

You can put formatted text in your signature and you can also add up to three thumbnail links to albums where you can showcase your cats or other subjects you find interesting.

3) For dial-up members, you can go to your profile and turn off Avatars, signatures, and My Stuff for loading faster pages. To get to your profile, click on your user name in the upper right corner of the page near "logout".

4) Premier members will still have the option to turn off advertising and access to the Premier Lounge.

5) Pictures can now be uploaded directly from your computer into a post. Large pictures will automatically be resized down to 800 x 600 pixels. You can also resize the picture directly in a post.

Photobucket links will also continue to be supported in posts.

6) You'll be able to embed Youtube videos directly into a post, rather than just link to them.

7) Points and Gifts will no longer be available. You may want to take screen prints of your gifts before the move.

8) Cat Games will no longer be available.

9) Tapatalk will allow mobile access to the forums.

10) Private Messages (PMs) will be supported and you will no longer have a limit.

11) Custom user titles are supported, but custom formatting of user names and titles will no longer be supported.

12) There is an integrated (Rich Text Editor) Spell Checker.

13) Skins (the ability to change the forum colors) will no longer be supported.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It is almost time for the move. Everybody start their packing (hopefully this will be the easiest move you've ever done).

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I am gonna miss my pink skin! I look forward to the picture resizing and embedded videos though!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure it will be fine, though I am nervous too. I do hope we do manage to have siggie pix in the future, I like seeing other members' cats, and enjoy the way some people change their signatures for the seasons of hte year etc.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rumor is that each member will also get free ice cream with the upgrade.

Can we get confirmation of the flavor and if sprinkles are still on the table as an option?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Don't know my password
Make sure your email address is up-to-date so if you need to reset it, you can.

Originally Posted by Ducman69

Can we get confirmation of the flavor and if sprinkles are still on the table as an option?
Again, make sure your email address is up-to-date. So far we've only had success with chocolate being delivered to the email inbox. Vanilla is being blocked by the spam filters as being too boring and the sprinkles keep clogging up the internet pipes.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Don't know my password
I just had the system send you a password reminder. If it didn't work (because remember, this is why we are changing platforms, not everything works
) , send me an email - abbysmomtcs @ gmail.com.

Originally Posted by katachtig

Again, make sure your email address is up-to-date. So far we've only had success with chocolate being delivered to the email inbox. Vanilla is being blocked by the spam filters as being too boring and the sprinkles keep clogging up the internet pipes.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitties and I are packing
and ready to go...
. Who is driving the moving truck
??? Will miss TCS1 though, fond memories here
. The new site is pretty darn cool though and as long as we are all going together, then we are bringing along the most important part of TCS1 - US

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My e-mail is correct but I'm not sure of my password.
Don't remember if I put a password in or you assigned one to me.
Is there a way to check?

I'll miss the siggys. Just got one not too long ago and it's such a lovely pic of my 3 cats. I have it saved in Photobucket.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kookycats

My e-mail is correct but I'm not sure of my password.
Don't remember if I put a password in or you assigned one to me.
Is there a way to check?

I'll miss the siggys. Just got one not too long ago and it's such a lovely pic of my 3 cats. I have it saved in Photobucket.
You would have had to choose your password.
You could always try to reset it, but I think you need to know what it is, but maybe not. If you have a problem, just let one of us know.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Be sure that you know your password and that your email is up-to-date under your User CP - Edit Email and Password options.
When I go to the CP and then Edit email and password, it shows my email address not password. Is that okay? I already know my password and such. I just mean is it "okay" that it does not show my password like it does my email?

1) Avatars - Larger sizes will be allowed for all members. Custom avatars can be uploaded and animated avatars will be supported.
Yay
!

2) Signatures - Images in signatures will not be supported in the initial move though Anne is investigating it in the future. Do hang on to your signature files, but be please be patient.
Okay, I am
. But it is fine

7) Points and Gifts will no longer be available. You may want to take screen prints of your gifts before the move.
Is that forever? Or just for now? Do you mean screen shot? I am not trying to be picky, but I use Linux. I can not find screen print.

It is almost time for the move. Everybody start their packing (hopefully this will be the easiest move you've ever done).
Yes
indeed, lets hope so

Originally Posted by Ducman69

You made me

Make sure your email address is up-to-date so if you need to reset it, you can.

Your answer made me
even more
!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Person

When I go to the CP and then Edit email and password, it shows my email address not password. Is that okay? I already know my password and such. I just mean is it "okay" that it does not show my password like it does my email?
Yep, that is fine. It doesn't show it for security purposes.

Is that forever? Or just for now? Do you mean screen shot? I am not trying to be picky, but I use Linux. I can not find screen print.
Forever. Yes, she means screen shot.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three more questions, lucky you all

One is, how will we show being grateful/our appreciation without giving gifts? I am just highly curious.

My second question is, will the new model have a live chat feature or instant messenger type live chat? I would love it if it did, but I am sure that is unlikely

My final question is, when you switch platforms will you still have all our logged IP addresses? I am just curious as I have moderated other forums. Plus I am a computer geek, so I always have odd questions, I know.

Lastly, THANK YOU AbbysMom and katachtig for answering my questions, O and anyone I forgot
. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.