Attacking blanket and other cat

ciccioleonidas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 neutered males. 6 months and 8 months. The younger (Leo) is usually more aggressive but for the last 2 days Ciccio has taken to attacking the blanket I keep on the couch. If Leo even looks at him he hisses and growls. Leo got too close once and Ciccio hooked his claws in poor Leo's mouth! Today Ciccio hissed at me while attacking the blanket but didn't bite or scratch me. But he won't stop attacking the blanket. Any clues to why the sudden/new behavior?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I get for looking at posts half asleep.

In that case it's possible Ciccio has claimed the blanket as it has the very strong scent of you on it. Many kittens guard certain toys, objects, ect when playing with a growl or hiss. I'd probably try washing it, or try swapping a different blanket. If neither of those work then, as Fhi09 is suggesting, a vet visit may be in order. Usually any sudden behavior change could indicate a medical issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ciccioleonidas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took him to the vet Dec 4th because he kept scratching at his ears and shaking his head. I thought he may have ear mites. He had an ear infection so I got drops to clear it up. I do need to wash the blanket though, definitely will try it. Thanks so much.