Attaching a cat bed (or anything else) to wood furniture?

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, I woke up this AM to a crash...Sophie somehow worked her kitty bed all the way to the edge of the chest of drawers and both bed and cat went tumbling. Gave me an awful scare! They usually land on their feet when they fall, but if she's IN her bed, and tangled up in it, I have nightmare visions of her getting really hurt.

I know some of you keep cat beds in high places - what do you use to keep them stationary? I know there are skid-proof beds, but I haven't seen any of the "enclosed" beds like that, and she loves this igloo bed she has now. Looking for ideas for something that won't take the whole surface off wood furniture, but keep the bed relatively stable and stationary. She adores the bed, sleeps in it every night - but only if it's placed up high somewhere.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can think of trying is to find a box that the bed will fit into and use some of the super strong double sided adhesive strips or pad type tape/glues (they have different names they advertise under) that easily remove from surfaces later by pulling (stretching) them horizontally along the surface they're attached to. Sort of like the adhesive strips that come with the scotch and 3M brand hooks that you can put up on any wall and remove later.

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could you use some velcro? Sew it to the bottom of the bed and get the sticky kind to put onto the wood surface. Should stay put fairly well and all you need is a little goo gone to remove the residue if you feel like moving the bed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use grip mats, made for rugs on hardwood floors, cut to size.