At the end of my rope.....

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The wording on her email is....odd.... and sounds like it should come with a feather tickler but the tone is standard her.  Condescending and a little threatening.  I'm not a girl, I am an adult woman and she is 62-65 I believe. 
Funny...I thought of the wicked witch of the west in Wizard of Oz.   "My Pretty!!!"

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow! My Neighbor has been cloned and "the cloned one" is now harassing you!

Your story could be mine, in almost every detail. I just hate to tell you that it helped me to read your posts, just to know that I am not alone with my crazy!

All of what you have done is simply unbelievably wonderful. I have always thought no one could match the care I give my colony of 50, in terms of really good care...but I must say, you go above and beyond. There certainly must be a special place picked out in heaven for you.

Without boring you with all the details, my neighbor finally stopped when I called the police on her! I was washing down my fence when she came out to harass me because water was getting on her property. I had enough and called police. She has now stopped all harassment!   I think it embarrassed her to have the police go to her home and, in short, tell her she should be glad she had a neighbor who worked so hard at keeping her property clean! No matter what the police said or did that day, I think just having the police show up at her home was enough to make her stop. So, I would encourage you to do that.

And, there is now a federal law against animal abuse, and police departments must report it . It used to be police departments didn't have to report animal harassment cases in their statistics, but now they do, so they are much more interested in responding to those types of calls.

Having been married to a Deputy Sheriff, I can tell you that she has crossed a line with her mental illness, and really should be reported. I can't imagine any Police or Sheriff Department being anything but concerned hearing about what she has been doing. The email  confirms her mental crisis.

I have also received help from our local county animal control for another neighbor who was throwing rocks to try and injure one of the feral cats from the colony who kept passing through his yard on the way to the feeding station. Other neighbors saw him trying to run one cat over with his bicycle and his rock throwing was also observed by other neighbors. Getting the other neighbors to call animal control to report the behavior is what made animal control come out and threaten him with reporting criminal activity if he didn't stop his behavior. So, animal control, or SPCA, or whomever is in charge of animal welfare will also help you, especially if you can get neighbors to call on your behalf for the way she has been harassing you.

So many hugs to you. I can't tell you how I hurt for you. She is a cruel, sick woman.  It is so hard when you are just trying to do good for animals who have no help, to have to contend with such a mental case.

Hang in there....God bless you for what you do for the cats. 

lesliel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow I just read through this thread and I am shocked. I thought I had problems with my neighbors and the cats, but it is nothing compared to this. This lady truly has other issues, and if it weren't for you,and the cats she would find something else to act crazy about.

Best thing you can do is document her behavior and then if needed get a restraining order. Take audio recordings, save her emails. At this point I wouldn't engage back, when people are this irrational it's no use trying to have a rational conversation. I would also reach out to the organizations in your area that support TNR and get their backing. In NY the city supports the TNR program, not sure what the story is there or the park rules. Try to get the positive word back out again that what you did was a good thing.

Be patient and calm, you are doing the best you can for these animals. Rise above this ladies ridiculous angry and direct your positive energy elsewhere. In a way you should feel sorry for her, there is obviously something wrong with her.

I know you are worried about the cats well being, I would be too, but I think she is all talk. Maybe get a video camera you can monitor on your phone of the area.

In the meantime take care of yourself, I understand this is probably super stressful, but it will all work out. You did and are doing the right thing. The cats I am sure will be ok.:rbheart:

Last edited:

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you are an angel..and where there are angels..there are demons

there are people like this at church,PTO meetings,work ..Ive never been good at

dealing with them

off the wall.ignore it if you want

Ask her to help you,kill her with kindness,cry a bit

"Its so hard,and so expensive,etc."

Can you win her over??Could she even be an ally?

After all she lives right there by the park

Im just so sick of people like this winning all the time ,

or just ignore suggestion..just saying

kamitchell6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! If I were in your position I would also email a link to this full thread to Howard Stern's wife. She is definitely insinuating that she will tell Howard Stern to shut you down with the closing of her email Bababooey and Hey Now line.

Also, I recently had my soon to be ex husband's sister sending me nonsense emails. I told her to stop contacting me and when she replied negatively I did go to the police. Haven't heard a thing since. The police weren't able to go to my husbands sisters house because she is in another state. It only took a phone call from the officer for her to back off.

Last edited:

kenneth haley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would check with a lawyer before taping her without permission. Some states( like mine, Illinois) , it's a felony. It can fall under wiretapping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alice79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was so very great while it lasted.  I managed to be free of her a whole week but now she's back!

On two separate occassions she has followed me into the park squawking, which disturbs not only me but the cats.  She's acting very unusual, NICE, and as if the past year, last weeks confrontation, and her email didn't happen.  There is no way to avoid her when she does this unless I want to walk through the waist high stinging nettle and poison ivy that flanks the trail.

She is being unusually pleasant and I can't help but wonder what her end game is.  Am I being cynical or should I continue to be leery?  The first time I tried to ignore her put she just kept screeching my name and telling me she had something I would want to see.  She couldn't just tell me from the entrance of the trail though, she had to show me her iPad while she did it and draw out the story for as long as possible.  She had a picture of a deer that she says was playing with the cats.  She then tells me a car pulled up and a person let their pittbull out who in turn chased the deer and the cats into the woods.  The pittbull in question is owned by a neighbor who always loses the dog and always puts up flyers which she doesn't want hanging in the neighborhood.  She wasn't able to get pictures of the dog though but did call her cop friend about the incident.  I was also warned about walking on the park trail across from her house because people set up deer traps and she could show me if I wanted to see them??? Then she spiraled out the story to include bus drivers who urinate in the woods and how they could use her bathroom and so could I if I needed to.  Mmmhmmm.  Thankfully all my cats were accounted for that morning.

Today she asks me how I'm doing and tells me that it's her dogs birthday.  I excused myself and started down the trail only to have her follow me and say one of my cats was hit by a car last night.  The body is no longer there because they called someone to come collect it as it was in the middle of the street.  She can't tell me wether or not it was ear tipped or even who really picked up the cat, just that it was the SPCA or the park authority.  To my knowledge the SPCA, park police, & ACCT (our animal control that has a contract with the city) don't pick up deceased strays.  The city will send someone out for large animals like deer as they would pose a threat to traffic safety.  Then she implied that it was taken back to one of their branches, SPCA or park authority, where it would be scanned for a chip and when she got the report she would tell me what it said.  I've never heard of anyone scanning a deceased animal or sending anyone any type of reports about deceased animals.  The only thing I got from that is that she is going to talk to me again and I don't know how I can report someone for being "friendly"

Three of my cats were absent this morning for breakfast.  I don't really leave a whole lot of extra food lying around in the warmer months because of the raccoons, one of which is now nursing.  I also feed in the late afternoon.  The cats stick to the feeding schedule.  Hopefully they will be there latter.  I am a little concerned about them. 

It's starting to become a joke within my social circle that if I go missing to check this woman's basement which is funny and not so funny at the same time.  Some people up above have mentioned mental illness which looks to be a real possibility.  My brother seems to think she is trying to instill fear in me by threatening the cats safety without actually being the one threatening it which seems befitting of this woman's personality.  Her "concern" for the cats and wether or not I can account for all of them seems suspicious.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's up to something - you are right to be suspicious.  Is there any way you can bring a companion to help you feed (and act as a witness to her behaviors).  Maybe that person can film you feeding the cats - say you are doing a documentary.  If she shows up on the film, so be it.  I think that would help molify her actions, if not stop them completely.

You are definitely going to have to expand your circle of resourses - make friends with animal control and the SPCA so you can check her stories.  She is compartmentalizing things - giving you information she feels you can't double check.

It is sad, really but you do not have to put up with this nonsense.

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a nightmare. I'm sorry this is still going on. I can't better ondine ondine 's advice. Try not to go alone, and watch your back. I hope she's not harming the cats as part of her games. Mega :vibes:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with @Ondine also. This woman is a nutjob and I wouldn't trust her for 2 seconds. I'd also seriously recommend that you consider telling the Sterns. She is using Howard's name to try to intimidate you and I doubt he'd appreciate that. I also doubt that she works for him. She's more than likely a wack packer. They don't work for him. They are fans who get on the air more than some other fans. That's about it. If you don't want to tell them directly, make a fake hotmail or something or send a letter to him at Sirius and do it anonymously. H&B are true cat lovers. They would be appalled at what this woman is doing in their name especially when you look at all they have done for homeless cats. If nothing else comes out of it, they may offer you assistance for your cats in some way. I wish you luck with this.

Also, it's been said before but I'm going to ay it again. Bless you and thank you for helping these cats. You know, it also couldn't hurt to ask the Cat Goddess for help with this one. She knows what you do for Her babies and I know She appreciates you and ALL feral caregivers for your compassion, generosity and selflessness. She often sends help in surprising ways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alice79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A documentary?  I like the way you think! I do always bring someone with me and so does the other feeder for safety's sake.  This is an excellent suggestion to film whatever may be happening while possibly freeing myself from any legal reprucussions as I would not actually be filming her.  I can also use something other than my phone.  I'm going to have to look into that further.  

It might also serve as a deterrent to her behavior in general.  Wishful thinking maybe but I am kind of desperate to be rid of her.  The past week of silence has spoiled me.  It was so nice just to take care of the cats and go on with my day.  Exchanging pleasantries or even being acknowledged by her is not necessary.  At this point I'd like our non relationship to be like two ships passing in the night.  We both know the other exists but that is the extent of it.  Maybe I should learn to be more rude and just tell her to hit the road again but more bluntly this time.  Or pray I win the lottery so I can move the cats ;-)

I really hope she doesn't do anything to my cats and she better hope that as well.  I value my freedom but I will not tolerate any cruelty to them whatsoever.  I've been very fortunate up to this point not to have had any physical violence directed at the cats and I want to keep it that way.

I agree with all of what you are saying Kat0121.  She is definitely piggybacking off of someone else fame to intimidate me just like she uses knowing people in authoritative positions to do the same (park ranger on speed dial, board chairperson at Best Friends Society).  I don't think it would be legal to contact her possible employer.  Besides I'm not looking to get her fired, just away from me.  I'm not really a big fan of the show so I don't know what aspects are actually part of the show.  According to her twitter she is a super fan and "works" as an assistant to someone who may be a show character by doing promotional work for something that may be affiliated with the show.  Probably doesn't make much sense but I am trying to keep it vague.

As always thanks for the support and suggestions.  You are all very caring and helpful people.  Me, my sanity, and the cats appreciate it.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the filming is a great idea. I would have a friend video tape you, that way she cannot claim you are stalking her and taping her. Still, if you just have a video going while you feed the cats and she comes running up you will not have been taping without permission , she will have just intruded on you and ended up being taped.

What a piece of work this woman is!

You have received much good advice. Try to contact any rescue group you know of that takes care of colonies. Perhaps you could get help with your colony and that would add witnesses for you.

I hope she is more bark than bite but, her e-mail to you is kind of scary and so I would cover your bases and take her seriously. Go to the police if you have to but- keep that e-mail. Chances are good her neighbors think she is a nut but, if some of them are upset about the cats they may go along with her.

I am impressed with what you are doing, I wish I could help. I have no idea why some people are so nasty and heartless. I feed one feral in my area and she lives behind a store that is enclosed, she never leaves the area . The new store owner does not want me feeding her . I have to go every morning in the dark and shove food under the fence.She used to live with another little cat who did leave the enclosure and was hit by a car.She has already been fixed by the vet across the street but I want to get her out of there. The store owner will not let me try to trap her.

I don't understand people .

Good luck to you. Be safe and please let us know what is  going on.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe city policy has changed re deceased animals. In our town, municipal workers bring dead cats or dogs to the shelter to be scanned and photographed before disposal. If there's no chip, the description and (sometimes) photos go up on the shelter website.