Asthma Looks Like Hairballs

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm just going to post this video. This is what my cat did for years and I always thought it was hairballs like the creator does. What made me realize it wasn't was switching to lightweight litter and the dust pushed these attacks into overdrive.

What cat asthma looks like

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm just going to post this video. This is what my cat did for years and I always thought it was hairballs like the creator does. What made me realize it wasn't was switching to lightweight litter and the dust pushed these attacks into overdrive.

What cat asthma looks like
I adopted a cat that came from a foster home using Pretty Litter. I use Tidy Cat Lightweight. Now he has asthma. Is it the litter?? (He also needs to lose weight and we are working on that.) If the litter is aggravating it, I guess I need to change, but to what? I also have a rescue cat that was declawed (not by me) so I want to be sensitive to his tender feet.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted a cat that came from a foster home using Pretty Litter. I use Tidy Cat Lightweight. Now he has asthma. Is it the litter?? (He also needs to lose weight and we are working on that.) If the litter is aggravating it, I guess I need to change, but to what? I also have a rescue cat that was declawed (not by me) so I want to be sensitive to his tender feet.
I know I am late to the game but tidycats lightweight is deffinatly a trigger for Indy. When I used it she would have attacks a couple times a week. I use arm and hammer now and she no longer has them as often.

I was kinda lucky when she actualy had an attack at the vet clinic. Vets confirmed what I was seeing was asthma.

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I am late to the game but tidycats lightweight is deffinatly a trigger for Indy. When I used it she would have attacks a couple times a week. I use arm and hammer now and she no longer has them as often.

I was kinda lucky when she actualy had an attack at the vet clinic. Vets confirmed what I was seeing was asthma.
Which arm and hammer brand do you use?