Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Artie is using the stairs.. both up and down. I did put some stairs in front of his new sleeping chair. It was my dad's lift chair, which I am keeping. I have a nice soft fleece throw, folded on the seat, and a puppy pad on top for any accidents. He has taken to that chair for a few weeks... strange.
:clap: for Artie using the stairs both up and down. In a way it's nice he discovered a new sleeping spot, i.e. your dad's lift chair. He probably just wants some variety. ;)

Hopefully he will return to his cuddling with you on the bed but for now he's relishing in his new sleeping place.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it's a love/love relationship. :redheartpump: :catrub: :redheartpump: There's no question that boy loves you. He's just doing his feline thing. :lol:

Paul has a nice bed that he used to sleep in all the time. Suddenly he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Yesterday, I was thinking of putting it away when suddenly there he was. Asleep in the bed.

Artie has done this before, hasn't he? He always comes back for cuddles and snuggles. View attachment 194656

View attachment 194655
*Really like your GIF*

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie Update..for the past couple of days..

Saturday, Artie was my constant shadow. He did not eat much in the morning, and I was not feeling well enough to deal with it.. I did give him a appetizer med..it worked excellently..

I was really not feeling well, on Sunday....Artie decided to be my shadow and to be my nurse...
He followed me everywhere I went.. He cuddled up to me...

I was feeling asthmatic, allergy hitting me.. on a rainy day..
I was living from the bed to the recliner.. Artie was cuddled up against me, wherever I went..

There is not doubt, he was feeling my distress, and was being my nurse..I mean it..

If I was lying on top of the bed, covered with fleece throw, he was right there with me..
If I turned, he walked away- waiting for me to get settled, then walking over to re-cuddle with me.....
when I got up to go to the recliner: Artie was right there with me..

The warmth of his body: lying up against me.. feeling his love, his heart beat.. was so comforting..

I really mean this: Artie is my love..He is my nurse...he loves me..he knows when I hurt. He tries to alleviate my pain,......I honestly do not know where I would be without him...

Perhaps this is unnatural..but it is real...Artie is my "cat-soulmate"..

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie Update..for the past couple of days..

Saturday, Artie was my constant shadow. He did not eat much in the morning, and I was not feeling well enough to deal with it.. I did give him a appetizer med..it worked excellently..

I was really not feeling well, on Sunday....Artie denied to be my shadow and to be my nurse...
He followed me everywhere I went.. He cuddled up to me...

I was feeling asthmatic, allergy hitting me.. on a rainy day..
I was living from the bed to the recliner.. Artie was cuddled up against me, wherever I went..

There is not doubt, he was feeling my distress, and was being my nurse..I mean it..

If I was lying on top of the bed, covered with fleece throw, he was right there with me..
If I turned, he walked away- waiting for me to get settled, then walking over to re-cuddle with me.....
when I got up to go to the recliner: Artie was right there with me..

The warmth of his body: lying up against me.. feeling his love, his heart beat.. was so comforting..

I really mean this: Artie is my love..He is my nurse...he loves me..he knows when I hurt. He tries to alleviate my pain,......I honestly do not know where I would be without him...

Perhaps this is unnatural..but it is real...Artie is my "cat-soulmate"..
"Unnatural" for beloved family members to comfort one another? I can't think of anything MORE NATURAL. Artie is a king of cats! :winkcat: My Rani angel used to "nurse" me when I was sad, or rarely, sick...and I miss her caring so much. Elvis now does this, too, much like Artie does, lying by my side and purring healing purrs. Tarifa and Baby Su are close, too, and very caring. I've been feeling bad, too, because of the record-breaking heat here and the La Tuna fire, but they keep me going, no matter what. I've had to lie down at times during the last couple of days, but I always get up, because they need me! So I sure know how it is. :catrub::cutecat:;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are many, many kinds of soul-mates in this world. I've seen them walk on two legs or on four, I've seen them with fur or with feathers, or neither. Lucky you, to recognize it when you have it! Some poor people never do.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie update: Artie is really weird with his food.. He is not eating as much, without the appetite pill. I am now trying to give him a choice between the dry and the wet, yet he refuses both...until late afternoon, when he is starving...

I gave him another appetite pill, at 4pm. He had not eaten since the night. It took an hour, and now he is bugging me for food. I defrosted a bagel for myself. He is all over me.. Artie wants the butter!!! OMGosh.. created a monster...I had to cover the plate with aluminum foil, and he is still after it!!! nothin wrong with hi stomach! he is fussing on his food~~
again...

Artie did poop last night and again this morning. He is now a pooping machine.. latest installment was 8 x 1 inches.. He usually waits until I am half asleep, and ready to jump into bed..

Fingers crossed that he is not getting tired of his food. sigh.....

We will see what happens next.....

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, is it possible the Lactulose could be compounded into a tasty treat? I've never heard of that being done, but since Artie is fighting it so badly, I'd check with the Vet and see. Otherwise, is there NOTHING else you can give him (a different laxative, perhaps in pill form) that might work? I'm sorry, I TRY to keep up with this thread, but don't get notifications since we went to the new platform, so may have missed something on this specific topic :paperbag:
I'm not getting notifications either

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
For all of you not getting notifications:

When you write up a post, before submitting it; You will see a box on the lower right
stating: MORE OPTIONS ~~ click onto that. You will then see (under the brown boxes)
Options; with boxes next to: Watch this Thread
and receive email notifications

Make sure both boxes are checked off and blue...

hope this helps.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is not having a good couple of days.. today is really bad.. yes, back to refusing food..even with the appetite med and the anti nausea med.. sigh

I know the weather is terrible (rain). I know his artists is bothering him, but he is refusing his food.. just a tiny bit of bare minimum.
He is limping again.. not as bad as it has been but the limp is there. I thing his other leg is involved also.

He was all over me a few minutes ago. I know he wants a different food. He walked all over the laptop several times, all over me, meowed. When he realized I was not giving in, he went to curl up on his quilt. That is what he has been doing all day... poor baby.

He does have a bit of very soft stool, also.. do not know if he is gassy, crampy or what... I am afraid to give him some lactulose, but I cannot skip dosing... sigh...poor thing..

He has been pooping daily.. so he is not backed up... but ....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is not having a good couple of days.. today is really bad.. yes, back to refusing food..even with the appetite med and the anti nausea med.. sigh

I know the weather is terrible (rain). I know his artists is bothering him, but he is refusing his food.. just a tiny bit of bare minimum.
He is limping again.. not as bad as it has been but the limp is there. I thing his other leg is involved also.

He was all over me a few minutes ago. I know he wants a different food. He walked all over the laptop several times, all over me, meowed. When he realized I was not giving in, he went to curl up on his quilt. That is what he has been doing all day... poor baby.

He does have a bit of very soft stool, also.. do not know if he is gassy, crampy or what... I am afraid to give him some lactulose, but I cannot skip dosing... sigh...poor thing..

OH, the joys of auto-complete! :lolup: ("...artists is bothering him...") Very sorry Artie is not feeling well, though, and hope he's feeling much better soon!;) Good that he's "going" well, though, and can you blame him for wanting that buttery bagel? :winkcat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:winkcat::winkcat:

:grouphug2::alright::grouphug::hearthrob::redheartpump::hugs::winkcat::lovecat2::catrub:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Artie is not having a good couple of days.. today is really bad.. yes, back to refusing food..even with the appetite med and the anti nausea med.. sigh.
I'm sorry to hear this and will keep my fingers crossed today is better. :crossfingers: Funny you should mention Artie's arthritis because since the temps. dropped here and it got cooler I've noticed some arthritis creeping in on me too. Either that or I have sympathy pains for Artie. :hugs:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy and Sweet Artie,

I'm sorry to have finally logged in and see Artie still experiencing the same issues daily. I am pleased to see he has found the strength to comfort you during your time of need. That was my Soul Cat Simon, they do make a difference, no doubt.

It's been a while and I need to catch up. My computer died and my hubby is fixing my old one. I find it frustrating trying to type on the tablet, after 30+ years of typing with 10 fingers to be reduced to one and the auto correct is maddening.
I do hope your know I've been keeping both you and Artie in my prayers and close to my heart.

Always wishing nothing but the best. Be strong. Warmest regards & Big Hugs, your TCS friend Hopexoxo

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Hope, I have been missing you.. thank you so much for the kind words.. what a ton of trouble for you.. sorry..

Artie is Artie.. Yes, he will always have his issues. It is just a part of him.. I am handling it ok. I have a ton of support from the NVet, his secretary and all the people here. NVet is awesome.. is not one to jump in to change things around. Very cautious, and precise.

Yes, Artie is my soul-cat.

Arie update:
Artie is the same.. He is eating. I think his latest finickiness was because he was not feeling well. I think he had tummy issues, like cramping and gas. He did end up with a few squiggles in the litter box, after pooping a ton. I cut down on the dose of lactulose, and he is improved in that respect. Also, his arthritis has been bothering him. I could tell. The weather was not all that great around here. Cloudy, damp, weather effects him as well as me.

His weight is pretty consistent. Goes down to 10.2 and up to 10.6 ...

He is pooping ok.. he went twice today; small amount yesterday, and none the day before--he had cleaned himself out on Wednesday. I was not concerned.

At one point, he was refusing his dry food. The appetite med and the Cerenia did not improve his appetite, so I decided not to give him anymore. That is when I decided all of this was due to pain: tummy and joints...

He is eating ok..back to averaging 1, 6 oz can and 1/3 cup of dry...so that is good.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Hope, I have been missing you.. thank you so much for the kind words.. what a ton of trouble for you.. sorry..

Artie is Artie.. Yes, he will always have his issues. It is just a part of him.. I am handling it ok. I have a ton of support from the NVet, his secretary and all the people here. NVet is awesome.. is not one to jump in to change things around. Very cautious, and precise.

Yes, Artie is my soul-cat.

Arie update:
Artie is the same.. He is eating. I think his latest finickiness was because he was not feeling well. I think he had tummy issues, like cramping and gas. He did end up with a few squiggles in the litter box, after pooping a ton. I cut down on the dose of lactulose, and he is improved in that respect. Also, his arthritis has been bothering him. I could tell. The weather was not all that great around here. Cloudy, damp, weather effects him as well as me.

His weight is pretty consistent. Goes down to 10.2 and up to 10.6 ...

He is pooping ok.. he went twice today; small amount yesterday, and none the day before--he had cleaned himself out on Wednesday. I was not concerned.

At one point, he was refusing his dry food. The appetite med and the Cerenia did not improve his appetite, so I decided not to give him anymore. That is when I decided all of this was due to pain: tummy and joints...

He is eating ok..back to averaging 1, 6 oz can and 1/3 cup of dry...so that is good.
Oh, that is VERY good, Artie man! Keep up the great work! And happy CATurday to you both. :D:cutecat:

Status
Not open for further replies.