Arthritis

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They should be able to tell a little bit more detail with the ultrasound than they could tell with the x-ray. I just went back and read your update comment. I'm sorry you're going through this with Slim. I know how difficult it is to go through this especially when you've loved and cared for each other for so many years. Me and my kitties will be keeping you both in our thoughts. Please keep us updated, if you're able.
Ahh, thank you. I sure will, we are hoping for the best,please give you kitty's a thank you pat for us,,

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And, in case you missed this post:
In terms of the fine needle aspiration (FNA) cytology, if there is tissue that can be collected this way through the ultrasound, it is non-invasive and really no more bothersome to the cat than the ultrasound itself. They are just drawing out tissue/cells through a needle. You can ask to have a PARR Assay done on that same tissue if the FNA were to come back inconclusive. It is a more in-depth analysis than the FNA cytology. That is how Feeby's lymphoma was found, when the FNA was inconclusive. I did all of this to avoid an invasive biopsy.

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, yes thank you [great information!]

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for all your help, it did not go good at the vet after ultrasound, they said he had too much fluid even in lungs and was having a hard time walking and using his cat box and was most likely better to let him go than more test with oncologist more pain at home so we made the decision to let him go,hardest thing to do for me as i had him 15 years, last night he slept tight to my neck as if he knew not i that today we would part, i love that cat and always will. Thank you all this is a great site and i wish you all great health for you and your kitty's.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for all your help, it did not go good at the vet after ultrasound, they said he had too much fluid even in lungs and was having a hard time walking and using his cat box and was most likely better to let him go than more test with oncologist more pain at home so we made the decision to let him go,hardest thing to do for me as i had him 15 years, last night he slept tight to my neck as if he knew not i that today we would part, i love that cat and always will. Thank you all this is a great site and i wish you all great health for you and your kitty's.
I'm really sorry to hear this. You did the best possible thing you could have for him. I know how painful it is to let them go, but it was an act of love for you to help him peacefully say goodbye. Sleep well little one.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Slim. You fought the good fight together and you did everything that was possible for him. He lived a wonderful life with you and I hope in time those thoughts will bring you comfort.

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Slim. You fought the good fight together and you did everything that was possible for him. He lived a wonderful life with you and I hope in time those thoughts will bring you comfort.
Hi, thanks for the warm thoughts, we loved our kitty's so much. I just wanted to share a couple pics of our Jimmy and slim, 1st pic. is slim in his smarty pants pose and the 2nd is both Jimmy and Slim, we lost Jimmy 5 years ago to Hepatic lipidosis They came to us as a pair from the shelter. They were buddies, Thank you,

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
last night he slept tight to my neck as if he knew not i that today we would part, i love that cat and always will.
This is exactly what our last cat Neely did the night before she passed. She curled up on the sofa with me like she usually did at night but slept as close as possible to my neck. My husband told me she was saying her goodbyes. 😿

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the passing of your sweet Slim. :hugs:

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, I think you are right he knew and i think he in his own way wanted to say good-bye, it is hard, last night for sure as it was rainy cold windy outside i kept waking up to feel for him as he was so warm and furry, but he was not there. I will truly miss him, thank you.

jarn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so painful. Thinking of you. He knew how much you loved him, and he loved you in return. The best gift we can give and receive.

Ron454

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you jarn,it makes me feel so good to know how many out there love our furry friends. I myself have always had cats in my life. We have always had at least one,two, or even three cats in our house at any given time.This is the first time we have none and it feels empty in the house , But, I still feel him with us. Thank you.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site Team, we're very sorry for your loss. :hugs: Threads are closed after such a loss as a sign of respect. If you feel up to it please consider starting a tribute thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in peace, Slim. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.