Arrabella, the best cat ever (at least for me)

lesliecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On February 22, 2013, I had to put my calico cat, Arrabella, to sleep.  Almost a year ago the vet removed two cancerous lumps (mammary gland cancer).  She told me that it was in the lymph glands and would probably go to the lungs.  Nine months later that is what happened.  She was only 12 years old.  I have had two cats live to be 29 so I'm used to having long lived cats.  Unfortunately Arrabella didn't get that chance.  I have put many cats to sleep over the 50 years I have had cats but this seems to be the hardest.  I am completely devastated.  I couldn't function for two days.  Hopefully in time it will get better.  I found a place that mixes the cats ashes and glass to create a beautiful piece of jewelry (Pysche Cremation Jewelry).   This may not be for everybody but I think I will find some comfort. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss and can understand your devastation. RIP, Arrabella, you were loved so much and will be missed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lesliecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much.  It is really nice to be around so many nice cat lovers.

pinkkitty24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss of Arrabella ....  Its so devastating to lose one of our little purrbabies ... mine has been gone for 3 months now, and not a day goes by that I dont burst into tears remembering him .. I still hold his ashes and talk to him every day ... like he's still here ... heartbreaking ....

What a beautiful sentiment with the jewellery ... Arrabella will be with you always

*HUGS*

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss,  unfortunately all of us at this site have lost a loved one and want to try to share your pain. Your heart is broken, only time will help to lessen the pain.I'm so happy she had the years she had with you and knew love and comfort. Do what ever you have to to find comfort. RIP beautiful Arrabella, wait for your mommy at the Rainbow Bridge.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your precious girl! I lost my little Manx Joey when he was only 5 years, and it is so hard - the prime of life. That was in 2009, and many cats ago (I rescue homeless & feral cats), but Joey was my "sphinx cat", guardian of my dreams, cat of my soul. Joey & Arrabella are on the other side now, with all our loved ones and more

selkie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  I know exactly how every one is feeling.

The grief is really a physical pain. It certainly gets harder as you become older.

I lost my J.C. 3 weeks ago tomorrow.
 I have a farm, and am just working like a zombie at the moment. 

My story of a very special cat which I will write here, It might help me.

At the moment the keyboards would get soaked :(

I had never heard the 'Rainbow Bridge' it is beautiful.

Selkie

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your precious Arrabella and know how you feel and all of us cat all do walk in a daze after losing our sweet lovable and precious fur babies who owned us and we will forever miss them but we know as much we want them back their up in rainbow bridge with no sickness or pain looking over us and their furry sidekicks they left behind