Ark Naturals Nupet Feline Antioxidant Discontinued, Similar Product For Fiv+, Acne

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This was the place I learned of the godsend supplement aka ark naturals nupet feline antioxidant for my FIV+ girl. I have emailed the company abt a similar product since theyve discontinued it and all this time I was waiting for chewy to restock. She's going on 5 weeks without it and has started to eat less, bottom lip is swelling...

When I found her, she had really bad chin acne, her bottom lip swollen and ulcers inside her lip. This supplement cleared all of that! Her diet is Dave's 95% protein wet and I use a few Wysong dry.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welll, I just googled "antioxidant for feline" and got several different products that came up, including the one you mentioned, which says it is in stock and could ship by tomorrow from petwellbeing.com :dunno:. You might check that out, or do a google search too and see if any of the other items look like they might work for you (if no one else comes up with anything specific )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welll, I just googled "antioxidant for feline" and got several different products that came up, including the one you mentioned, which says it is in stock and could ship by tomorrow from petwellbeing.com :dunno:. You might check that out, or do a google search too and see if any of the other items look like they might work for you (if no one else comes up with anything specific )
Appreciate the suggestion but I placed four separate orders last week that stated items were in stock only to be refunded two days later meaning it wasn't. Def will call or email petwellbeing tonight tho. As far as googling for a random product, I'm more interested in having someone recommend a product that they've used and for sure clears the cat's acne.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was the place I learned of the godsend supplement aka ark naturals nupet feline antioxidant for my FIV+ girl. I have emailed the company abt a similar product since theyve discontinued it and all this time I was waiting for chewy to restock. She's going on 5 weeks without it and has started to eat less, bottom lip is swelling...

When I found her, she had really bad chin acne, her bottom lip swollen and ulcers inside her lip. This supplement cleared all of that! Her diet is Dave's 95% protein wet and I use a few Wysong dry.

Hello . Our female cat has bouts of serious chin Acne. I give both cats daily supplements of Lysine powder in their wet meal. I use Stridex Acne Pads on my female cat when she has a breakout and it clears it up pretty quickly. I hope this is helpful.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're always having to readjust our FIV kitty's meds and supplements as various health issues flare-up. Thus far, we've had the best luck with Viralys L-lysine, Jarrow lactoferrin, and Swanson melatonin to help strengthen Buddy's immune system. Generic Zyrtec helps to quiet Buddy's immune system, as he's prone to rodent ulcer-like mouth sores and other inflammatory type problems that would usually be treated with steroids. Zyrtec can also stimulate a cat's appetite. Maybe you could ask your vet about this article about Zyrtec, and see if it might be an option for your kitty: Why I Love Zyrtec for Cats.

Slippery elm helps Buddy's mouth sores heal faster, and alleviate nausea. Our vet thought we were a little nuts at first when we asked about it, but is totally on board with the idea now. Here's an article about slippery elm we found helpful when we discussed it with our vet.

As for chin acne, we tried various remedies that the vet recommended. The one that worked best for us was to add a few drops of generic Betadine to a bowl of water until the mixture looks like weak tea, and clean his chin with that. Then when we're done, we rinse with plain water and pat dry.

Good luck, and hope you and your vet figure out something that works best for your kitty!