Are Your Cats Okay With Changes To Natural Balance Lid Venison & Green Pea (canned)?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy has decided that Natural Balance is the only brand of venison he'll eat, so I was going to order a case from Chewy since it has become next to impossible to find any Venison & Green Pea LID in the stores that aren't way past the 'best buy' date. Then I just happened to notice that the formula has changed, including the elimination of venison liver and DL-methionine, and addition of pea protein, brewers dried yeast, and a D3 supplement.

Has anyone had any problems with the new formula?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Basically I'm bumping this up since I can't answer this very specific question for you.

blob99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
this is not very helpful because I never gave my cat the original formula. But she's had a case of this and did fine with it. She much prefers gravies to pates, but she liked pate more than many.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is not very helpful because I never gave my cat the original formula. But she's had a case of this and did fine with it. She much prefers gravies to pates, but she liked pate more than many.
Cool! Thanks much! That's encouraging. :)

I just get spooked these days when a company changes a formula. Buddy's menu options are already limited because of his food allergies, and we can't afford to lose too many options in his rotation. :wink:

hilgenep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cool! Thanks much! That's encouraging. :)

I just get spooked these days when a company changes a formula. Buddy's menu options are already limited because of his food allergies, and we can't afford to lose too many options in his rotation. :wink:
I SO feel your pain this... Finn only does well on LID foods and can be really picky (total kibble and Fancy Feast junky), so our options are really limited.

I don’t believe Finn has had the original formula, but he has done well on the venison and seems to enjoy it. Hopefully you’ll have the same experience!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I SO feel your pain this... Finn only does well on LID foods and can be really picky (total kibble and Fancy Feast junky), so our options are really limited.

I don’t believe Finn has had the original formula, but he has done well on the venison and seems to enjoy it. Hopefully you’ll have the same experience!
Isn't that just so frustrating! *insert high-pitched scream here*

I keep hoping Petco will start stocking the new formula so we can give it a try. But every time I go, I find even older cans on the shelf, some almost two years past the best buy date. It's like they're trying their darnest to get rid of all their old inventory before ordering anything new. :wink:

Thanks! I'm starting to feel a little better now about these changes. I just hope Buddy will like the new formula as much as he did the old. :)