Are you cat crazy?

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am laying on my side trying to post stuff on my tablet and Bear has decided he is going to sit on my hip. Now I don't want to move for fear of disturbing him. What am I crazy?

I will also sleep in really awkward positions so the cats are not bothered....
Tell me I am not the only one!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, you're not the only one....I sleep with my legs in a v-shape so Ritz can sleep inbetweem them (I have a single bed).
And plan my schedule around Ritz, not the other way around!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely not the only one! How I sleep is dictated byr Mouse positions himself.  If he came and sat on my lap I'd stay put as long as he was there I'd be so chuffed!  When he first moved in with me he fell asleap wrapped round my foot one day and I stayed still for about 4 hours coz I didn't want him to move from there. 

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG i'm the same way.i have a queen sized bed and its perfect for me and my two kitties. sometimes they both like to sleep by my head (one on each side) and sometimes i'll have one between my legs and the other by my head. but when my BF stays over omg...they dont care. even if there's no room, they will still try to sleep on the bed, and i definitely don't want to disturb them while they're sleeping. When the bf is spending the night they sleep only on my side. so while the BF is getting his zzzzz's, i'm in the most awkward positions trying to make sure both my kitties are comfortable and they're not bothered. needless to say i wake up with body sores and still have to go to work -___-

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you notice that this is "The Cat Site"? Lol! Yup...I'm cat crazy! I hate to disturb my boys and so does my DH. There is nothing better than a cat sleeping on my lap...so I hate to make them move.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Did you notice that this is "The Cat Site"? Lol! Yup...I'm cat crazy! I hate to disturb my boys and so does my DH. There is nothing better than a cat sleeping on my lap...so I hate to make them move.
Haha!!!  Good point...why are we all here....I fell asleep on the futon couch in the TV room last night.  Not the most comfortable couch to sleep on.  I woke up at 2:30 a.m. but did I go get into my comfy king size bed in my bedroom?  Nooooo.  And why you ask?  Because I had THREE cats who had managed to wedge themselves into the small spaces around me left on the couch.  I couldn't move but they were all snoozing peacefully--how I could disturb them?!?!   

Wonder if they have a 12 step program for people like us.  

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Haha!!!  Good point...why are we all here....I fell asleep on the futon couch in the TV room last night.  Not the most comfortable couch to sleep on.  I woke up at 2:30 a.m. but did I go get into my comfy king size bed in my bedroom?  Nooooo.  And why you ask?  Because I had THREE cats who had managed to wedge themselves into the small spaces around me left on the couch.  I couldn't move but they were all snoozing peacefully--how I could disturb them?!?!   

Wonder if they have a 12 step program for people like us.  
my boyfriend tells me, "they're just cats, move them and they'll find a comfortable spot again" but i just cant!!

both my cats are just kittens, so for me, if they are SLEEPING through the night, that is a MIRACLE for me! hahah. another reason why i don't like to move my kitties is because when you move them, they wake up, and then they want to play and then they won't let me go back to sleep -___-

if only the bf understood that hahah

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make sure I go to the bathroom before I sit on the sofa; I certainly wouldn't want to disturb Ritz' beauty sleep just because I had to use the human litter box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The human litter box...
Love it Ritz! That really made me laugh, the insanity continues, I can't move again due to napping cats, if I disturb them they will give me a nasty look!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I make sure I go to the bathroom before I sit on the sofa; I certainly wouldn't want to disturb Ritz' beauty sleep just because I had to use the human litter box.
If you used a litter box so you could be like your cats you may just qualify as cat crazy. 

But yes, definitely with you: any chance of a kitty cuddling in and I'm going to make sure I'm not going to have to move them off me for a good long time!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, and thankfully (well, Ritz might if she could) I don't move a lot when I sleep. And I don't drink a lot of liquids so I don't have to interrupt her beauty sleep during the night. If I wake up and she's not sleeping with me, then I'll got to the bathroom. (TMI......)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually get up and go to the guest bed if the cats are sprawled out on my side when I want to go to sleep. I used to just kind of wedge in around them, but since Cindy has been sick she gets to sleep wherever she wants.