Are they REALLY getting along??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tempteq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

A friend taught me that you can somewhat control play with the interactive toys by calling out their names as you swing around the toys. My youngest is now 4 and it works here, but I'm not sure that Milo is old enough to be taught that behavior. Scarlett is very happy when I give her a turn.

Your cats sound very cool!
Hehe...thanks. They certainly are funny little furbabies. Since Milo's younger, the recommended food has been about double of Cat's...and Cat is a food wolfer and she got kinda mad she got less food, so I took the time to feed her one dry piece of food at a time so I trained her how to sit on command!

I think I'll have to try the name thing, but Milo just gets so amped to see any interactive toy, he just runs straight for it, even if it's clearly not his turn. This has caused him to run head first right into Cat and she does NOT enjoy that.

tempteq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Sounds like my two cats but I sort of see that behaviour as a sibling-type relationship. You know, they have their close moments and the next thing you know they're bickering and swatting at each other.
I know! I have a feeling they sleep together in one big fluffball while my husband and I aren't home to "catch" them (they sleep next to each other frequently and we've seen them during the weekend they're used to us being at work), but when we're home, it's a whole different story.

Cat was always more of a daddy's girl (like, I didn't EXIST if she was having her daddy time), but when Milo came along and he's waaay more attached to me, Cat decided she wanted to fight for my attention!

It makes it so much harder!

tempteq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sassy42

I went through the same thing when I decided to get a second cat. It was a big decision, lots of thought put into it. They are not best friends but they do tolerate each other and while Ang did seem off put originally now they have worked things out and could not be happier.

I think your cats really like each other, and that pic is just darling.
We took a reeeaaally long time to go for it too. I wanted to do it a year ago, but talked myself out of it...so it really took me a year to decide to do this. But the lots of thought is definitely a good thing...we really cared about whether this was the right thing for our "primary" cats, you know?

Yeah, I'm probably just worrying unnecessarily because Cat was definitely a lonely girl before Milo.

Cat used to be big meower (whenever she wanted us to wake up or when we were coming home she'd meow at us like she was really lonely), but now she waits at the door for us (with her sidekick Milo), but she's seems way less attention starved.