Are these lumps on my cats incision normal???

Coco&Gengi

Cat Mom
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 month old cat recently underwent a hernia repair 5 days ago. Sutures are internally and the incision are topically glued shut. He also received an injection of antibiotics that lasts for 2 weeks.

These lumps suddenly appeared yesterday, although he doesn’t seem to be in pain, I’m still a bit concerned.

He’s scheduled for a follow up soon but in the meantime, does anyone know what these lumps and bumps are?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!! Can you send these photos in to your vet so s/he can see them? - they will be the best at determining whether these lumps are something that need more immediate attention.

Is your baby a bengal?

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom about consulting the vet. It could be fluid build up in the incision area that is not draining properly, so it is accumulating in the surrounding tissues and causing swelling. But, the fluid build up could also be the beginnings of an infection, so go with the 'safer than sorry' concept and contact your vet. Let us know what you find out please!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Coco&Gengi

Cat Mom
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!! Can you send these photos in to your vet so s/he can see them? - they will be the best at determining whether these lumps are something that need more immediate attention.

Is your baby a bengal?
Hello Furballsmom Furballsmom ! thank you for your input! My baby is mixed with Mainecoon and domestic shorthair. Our vet told us the lumps and bumps was just a reaction to the suture and that it’ll eventually disappear on its own. I’m so happy to know everything is fine with him! ❤😸

Coco&Gengi

Cat Mom
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom about consulting the vet. It could be fluid build up in the incision area that is not draining properly, so it is accumulating in the surrounding tissues and causing swelling. But, the fluid build up could also be the beginnings of an infection, so go with the 'safer than sorry' concept and contact your vet. Let us know what you find out please!!
Hi FeebysOwner FeebysOwner ! Thank you for your input! Our vet told us there was nothing for us to worry about and that it’s just a reaction to the suture and the lumps should disappear on its own. 🙂

Coco&Gengi

Cat Mom
Kitten
Purraise
Love that spotted belleh! It is normal to see some scar tissue build up, but I've not seen anything like this. I agree that a vet visit or emailing pictures to the vet is the best course to take.
hello stephanietx stephanietx ! Thank you for responding! Our vet told us it was just a suture reaction and the bumps should disappear on its own. I’m so glad to know everything is okay! 🙂

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good job getting in touch with the vet to make sure it was nothing serious! Now we just need pictures of the front side of her! (Hint! Hint!)