Are these kitties Ragdolls?

ollies kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, 

I would like to know if these kitties are Ragdolls. I picked a kitten from a lady who is not a large breeder; I am supposed to meet her next week to see the kitten and the parents cats in person for the first time. She says that her both cats are TICA registered, so she will show me the paperwork, but I am new to the entire cat's world and spent hours lately on the web researching Ragdolls, and her kitties, even though they are beautiful, seem to be kinda petite for Rags. Can someone please tell if these are real Rags? I will most likely purchase her kitten anyway because I like both cats; I just don't want to pay $800 for a non-Ragdoll.... and I am not sure what's stated on the TICA papers or how reliable the registration with TICA is. 

Thank you all, 

Ollie

P.S. the 1st two pics are of the male, 3rd & 4th are the female, and the last two is mine-to-be precious at 4weeks

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Instead of paying $800 for a kitten, have you considered a rescue kitten? You may not know this, but 4,000,000 cats & dogs are euthanized annually in America.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ollies kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually did look up a rescue kittens, but there is no rescue Ragdoll kitten in my state, and I want a Ragdoll for their personalities. I have a 2 y o child at home, who is a bit anxious around animals, so I want an affectionate cat. My relative has a Ragdoll and a regular cat at home, where the regular cat is nowhere to be seen while the Ragdoll is always around and in our laps...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually did look up a rescue kittens, but there is no rescue Ragdoll kitten in my state, and I want a Ragdoll for their personalities. I have a 2 y o child at home, who is a bit anxious around animals, so I want an affectionate cat. My relative has a Ragdoll and a regular cat at home, where the regular cat is nowhere to be seen while the Ragdoll is always around and in our laps...
So, knowing about a breed can give you an idea of a personality. However, each cat is very different. If you need something specific for your family, you'll want to make sure that you get to know the cat first. You won't want to just take a kitten because it's a rag doll. You also may want to reconsider getting a kitten at all. They are very high energy, don't necessarily know how to use their claws, etc, which might be overwhelming for a child.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful babies 

In BC you can find kittens for 500.00 or lots of ads re homing 

older kitties sometimes for Free depending on situation.

Breeders also rehome retired cats. 

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, if a sedate cat is wanted, an adult would be better. Kittens are naughty no matter what breed :lol3:. They tend to play rough with teeth and claws so that may frighten the toddler. The breeder might have an older cat, a retired show cat or stud/queen, that could be exactly what you want.

TICA registration is considered respectable. Are the kittens registered too? I'm always somewhat suspicious of breeders who have registered breeding stock but don't register the babies. Gotta wonder why they would do that.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
To your question:  The parents may very well be ragdolls of good quality, to my eye.  They are of the mitted variation - which is legit.

Mitten means they do carry white too.

"Normally"  ragdolls dont have white - and thus, no socks.  Birmans have socks.

But there are two common ragdolls variants with white: mitted and bi-color, whom have even more white...

I alike Willowy would want the kittens to be registered, and you getting the pedigree and papers.  800 bucks isnt no play with, you have right to expect they have full paperwork with them.

If you dont get full paperwork, so why pay so much for nice look alikes?  Because without full papers, they are essentially "just" look alikes.  EVEN if you have decent proofs they are real.

Nice look alikes you can get from a shelter or somehting...

I can also agree, a friendly adult should be a hot alternative for you, if you want someone whom takes it easy with your timid child.

Adult cats understands small children are a sort off kittens, and they know kittens may be rough in their cuddles and play.  so so long the child isnt mean or shrieks in a piercing voice, they usually do accept a somewhat rough cuddling and caress.

Do surerwise some of course, especially in the beginning. But surprising often they gets good friends, and the cats becomes a protector of the child.