Are there still places where you can buy individual cans online?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to go back to the drawing board re: Buddy's food allergies. :sigh:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much housebound at the moment, and can't get to any stores that might have a decent selection of novel protein canned cat foods.

Are there still companies from which you can order individual cans of cat food? Alas, the online sources that we've used in the past have dried up, and we're outside the delivery zone for independent stores in our area. Or am I just stuck with contacting various cat food companies, and hoping and praying that they'll be nice enough to sell me a few cans or send me some free samples? :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know if it would be the same for you as for me, but I have to buy individual cans due to Feeby's pickiness. I can order them online this way with Pet Supplies Plus and PetSmart (other than Fancy Feast which is a 6 can minimum). However, I am using their same day pick up option, which simply means I order, they notify me when it is ready, I drive there and park in one of their pickup spots, call/text the store and they bring my order to me.

If someone cannot pick up the food for you - which both places allow - you can also order for home delivery. There might be a delivery charge if you don't reach a certain purchase amount. or if they use Door Dash/etc. there would be charge for that.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Point well taken...they are in Sacramento and I am in Los Angeles.;)
I don't pay attention to this but I may not always order items that are in stock!

The good news, cheeser cheeser , is that they have a good selection and they even sent me a personal note the time they ran out of something. I've been able to try some good foods thanks to Incredible Pets. I'd definitely recommend them, just with the caveat that delivery times can vary a fair bit!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy is not easy to buy for. She will not eat the same can more than once or twice. She will reluctantly eat it twice in a row but three times absolutly not. I get her the tiny cans because of this.

She gives me a look like "I hope it's not meatloaf again..."

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wet Cat Food - Incredible Pets
I don't know if they carry what you are looking for. I have bought individual cans from them and their delivery is very efficient.
Awesome! Thanks oodles! This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, as they offer some of the foods I want to try again.

Dang it, I thought I had Buddy's food allergies all wrapped up a while back, with a pretty bow on top. If only companies would quit discontinuing flavors and/or entire product lines, changing their ingredients, going out of business, etc. :frustrated:

Oh, and I sincerely apologize for the delay in expressing my appreciation for your most helpful response. It's been one disaster after another here at Casa Cheeser for the past week. :gaah:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it would be the same for you as for me, but I have to buy individual cans due to Feeby's pickiness. I can order them online this way with Pet Supplies Plus and PetSmart (other than Fancy Feast which is a 6 can minimum). However, I am using their same day pick up option, which simply means I order, they notify me when it is ready, I drive there and park in one of their pickup spots, call/text the store and they bring my order to me.

If someone cannot pick up the food for you - which both places allow - you can also order for home delivery. There might be a delivery charge if you don't reach a certain purchase amount. or if they use Door Dash/etc. there would be charge for that.
Yeah, I've learned the hard way not to buy entire cases of any canned foods if I can help it. :biggrin:

Not only does Buddy have multiple food allergies and sensitivities, we also have to keep his carb intake within a certain range because of his history of urinary tract problems. Then on top of everything else, he can't smell his food worth a darn because his sinuses are all screwed up, so it has always been a challenge to find something that he'll eat.

Huh, I had no idea we had any Pet Supplies Plus stores in our area, and one of them is only about 15 minutes or so from one of my mom's oncologists. If we're not pressed for time for her next appointment, maybe I can check it out. In the meantime, looks like I'll need to make do with home delivery. :)

Thanks much!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use them, too. They have a pretty good selection, though delivery to Maine isn't always quick -- it really seems to vary!
Cool!

I don't mind having to wait a little bit longer for deliveries, as long as I know that in advance and can plan accordingly. Good things come to those who wait, or something like that. :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't pay attention to this but I may not always order items that are in stock!

The good news, cheeser cheeser , is that they have a good selection and they even sent me a personal note the time they ran out of something. I've been able to try some good foods thanks to Incredible Pets. I'd definitely recommend them, just with the caveat that delivery times can vary a fair bit!
Sounds like awesome customer service!

I'll definitely have to give them a try now. Well, as soon as Buddy is on the mend, anyway. I'm not sure if it was trying a new food that didn't agree with him, or all the stress from having some work done on the house, but the poor guy has had a rough time these past few days. :(

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't offer wuvra or bff individuals though. Also not sue they ship to canada.
Oh, okay. That's good to know. Thanks bunches for the heads up! :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy is not easy to buy for. She will not eat the same can more than once or twice. She will reluctantly eat it twice in a row but three times absolutly not. I get her the tiny cans because of this.

She gives me a look like "I hope it's not meatloaf again..."
Hee! How funny. It's crazy how cats have these weird ideas.

If I only buy a can or two of something, especially if it's from a store that's pretty inconvenient to get back to, Buddy acts like it's the greatest thing ever. But once I make the mistake of ordering a whole case to try to make my life a little easier... :gaah: