Are my kittens Ragdolls?

Ktaylor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have two kittens from the same litter. Born on February 13th 2020. We were told they are Ragdoll kittens but are not sure anymore... their fur isn't fluffy and long. And I just really dont know. I'll post photos and maybe you all can help with this mystery? :)
Resized_20200521_120505(59).jpeg
Resized_20200521_120505(59).jpeg
20200424_204554.jpg
20200423_154525.jpg
20200420_213452.jpg
20200419_114816.jpg
Resized_20200516_145512.jpg

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness you have baby lynx point siamese mix!!!!! 😻 They might be part ragdoll. It looks like they have medium length fur. They will darken a lot as they age; up ho 2 years. Rag dolls all slow growers so just assume they are still growing until 2. To know for sure you would need to do a dna test. If you paid for purebred ragdoll, you got ripped off after a siamese tom knocked their ragdoll up! That said I think B1ABA17E-D10A-4040-82D0-ED5495757129.jpeg lynx pointsare amazing!

Here are some pictures of the minions as kittens & juvinelle/teens at around 15 months. I hope it helps you know what your kittens are. ⭐Jackie & Cami sleep belly up all the time .... it cracks me up. 🤣

We got 3 kittens from a litter of 6. Apparently the feral mom looked the fluffy ?ragdoll? Mix. So I one litter we got the fluffy ragdoll mix princess, kinda a mix but we can see some siamese in him & he has the ragdoll barrel chest baby panther & one soft haired lynx point that lives to sleep belly up (& will let me carry him around belly up without complaint .... in fact that is my standard way to pick him up!)

⭐Cami comes running when calling and has no survival instincts when it comes to NOT rolling off edges! She also has the longer over coat, a barrel chest .... she is stocky, the softest fur I have ever seen & she is amazingly patient even when the kids manhandle her. These are all rag doll characteristics. I’m not sure if fascination with water is ragdoll or not but she used to go wading in the cat fountain until she hit around 6 months. We can still entertain her by giving her a large Tupperware container with some straws cut in half.

Nick (Black) is all muscle with lots of medium length fur that is coarse like a siamese. He is active but very friendly. We can all pick him up belly up but he does do a complaining meow every time! He is the calm, confident cat.

Jackie is well dainty compared to his siblings. He has short, super soft fur in (Lilac) lynx point markings. He is hyper, destructive when bored, beyond clingy to me, likes to be held belly up & carried. He has lots of siamese characteristics and some ?ragdoll? Ones. E0E3FE94-B780-4AF0-85E7-F54A06FEB13E.jpeg
62037CF7-03A2-484A-A550-2E9ABF00D9EA.jpeg
381BA1E2-203F-4D8E-AA9E-3F1DB2B1735D.jpeg

5A4B7BCE-54F5-46DA-8B15-B13D4C001895.jpeg

05461514-0BD2-4C96-8D4C-652E2B2FADEB.jpeg

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't appear to be lynx points to me. . .I don't see any tabby stripes? One of them---the one with the white paws---is a tortie point though (I'm basing this on her tail in the bed pic, although if anyone thinks that's white patterning instead, I'm open to that idea too).

I wanted to say the other one is seal point, but the picture where he's(?) standing on the dollhouse makes him look like a blue point, and he is lighter than the tortie even in the other pics, so, yeah, I'll say blue point.

They definitely aren't purebred Ragdolls. Ragdolls are longhaired. Do they have any kind of paperwork? What do you know about their parentage? Did you ever see their parents (in pictures or real life)? If so, what color/pattern/fur length did they have?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your babies look like fluffy siamese (which means a mix.) I can’t tell by the picture but they look like they might have a longer over coat (does it blur their fur in every picture) & do they have angora soft fur? That is like a ragdoll.

About the three kittens parents I know very little. They were found in a yard & the other kittens (& mom) were found later. The other kittens were sent to a foster orginazation after we paid for their fiv tests (that were negative.) The mom was TNR’ed.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those kittens look like domestic short hairs to be honest, they don't have the typical kitten fuzz that would make me think they will be longhairs. Color points are very common in DSH and DLH as well. So they might not even have Siamese in them, or very far down the line or ragdoll to. At 3 months of age longhairs dont look so fluffy but here's two of my floofers at 3 months of age. You can see not fluffy but they have a very thick tail and long ear hair, as well as the fuzz around the ears and face. They are stunning, but yah no chance they are ragdolls. I hope you didn't pay alot of money thinking they were ragdolls, sadly its common for backyard breeders to say tabbies are bengal mixes, greys are russian blues, any fluffies? well maine coone mixes, and any color points are siamese or ragdolls when they aren't. A colorpoint coloring is very prominent if both the parents have the color point gene, then the kittens will be colorpoints, even if the parents are just regular DSH/DLH.

2020-01-30 12.58.50.jpg
20190121_120010.jpg